Waytozion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Registration is disabled due to spammers.  If you would like to join this forum then send a message to dumb-rod@waytozion.org with your desired user name, password and email address.  Include the answer to this question:  Who is the Way, the Truth, and The life?  You have one week to make your first post so only sign up if you're serious about being active.
6757 Posts in 918 Topics by 33 Members
Latest Member: real-Israel
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Waytozion Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Scripture Studies
| | |-+  Brad & Carol Scott Articles / Wildbranch Ministry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Brad & Carol Scott Articles / Wildbranch Ministry  (Read 26286 times)
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2011, 09:40:55 AM »

Exploring Difficult Commands -
A Letter to Dr. LauraPart 4
by Brad Scott    Please Visit & Support Brad and Carol Scott, www.wildbranch.org 

In the mid 1800's Dr. Oliver Wendell Holmes was one of the first physicians to discover that the major cause of childbed disease may be doctors not washing their hands. This soon caught on as some observers of doctors conducting an autopsy in one room and then crossing the hall to deliver a baby in the other, concluded that perhaps the doctors should wash their hands in between. It was concluded that the handling of bodily fluids outside the body may be related to the spread of disease. You are kidding me! It was soon discovered that there may be things we cannot see that are the source of sickness and disease. As I peruse the book of Leviticus, in particular, I detected that God may be on to something. Below is another well informed musing from Mr. Wizard.

I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev. 15:19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

It took several millennia for man to discover that blood inside the body is life, but blood outside the body is death. Yeshua‘’s death on the tree involved the shedding of blood as did the very first lamb. But life is being IN the body of Messiah. When one sees blood it is as if he/she intrinsically understands that something may be wrong. I have chosen to save for a later time a teaching on why women are saddled with this every month, but none the less, all women are and Mr. Wizard still does not understand. The Scriptures use the word tame’ or unclean, to describe her condition during this cycle. The word tame’ (טמא) is made up of a tet, a mem, and an aleph. This ancient picture is something strong surrounding a fluid. It is dominantly used in Scripture by the Creator to desribe something unseen by His creation. By the way, that would include you, Mr. Wizard. It is the Designer knowing something about the inner works of the designed. Something or someone can become unclean by the insertion of a foreign substance. This is now common knowledge even among the intellectual elite. These things are happening in the atomic or unseen world. When one cannot see past the end of their nose this becomes frustrating and so they lash out with humor, not knowing that many are laughing at them rather than with them. Below are a couple of quotes from non-religious sources.

Scraped knees and boo-boos abound. Becoming "blood brothers" by touching blood to blood, cut to cut, might seem an innocent childhood rite. Teach your children about how to handle others' blood (Don't!"). Blood, urine, and saliva shold be treated with caution. They can harbor important viruses ... Blood should be cleaned up by adults and not children, using disposable towels that are then placed in a plastic bag. Gloves are preferable. Avoid contact with blood to breaks in the skin or to mucous membranes (mouth, nose, or eyes). Hands should be cleansed thoroughly after handling blood, and surfaces should be disinfected. www.drgreene.com.

Body fluid is the term most often used in medical and health contexts. Modern medical, public health, and personal hygiene practices treat body fluids as potentially unclean. EMT's are constantly trained in bodily fluid transmission and exposure. Wikipedia.

I know, the last quote was from Wikipedia. I could quote the obvious all day long. But, as prophesied in the Scriptures, the obvious is not always obvious to those who refuse to see. It reminds me of a story of a man who one day wakes up, turns to his wife and says, honey, I believe that I am dead. What did you say, she replies? I said, I believe I am dead. Thinking it was something he ate the night before, his wife ignores his words. The next morning he wakes up saying that he believes that he is dead. This goes on for a few weeks convincing her that her husband needs to see some professionals. After a battery of tests one of the doctors turns to the man and asks him if he believes that only living people bleed. The man soundly retorted no, I do not believe that only living people bleed. The doctors then brought out all their charts, diagrams and prooftexts. After a long verbal battle the man final concedes. Yes, now I believe that only living people bleed, to which a young doctor leaps off the chair and plunges a pin in the man's arm. Blood squirts everywhere as the man cries out, see you were wrong, dead men do bleed!

I understand that I have still not addressed Mr. Wizard's uninformed concern. I only wanted to establish why a women in her time of niddah is unclean. In the passages Mr. Wizard quoted we are told that this is a time that she is put away (KJV). These words in Hebrew are one word niddah. This word means to move away or distance one's self. Why? Because she is producing blood outside the body. It is a biologically necessary process at this time of her life. It was the ramification of what happened in the garden in the beginning and is the result of Adam's abdication of his protective responsibility. But what man meant for evil God will use for good. Every month this process paints a picture of the creation and the death, burial and resurrection of our Messiah. This is why this is called a cycle. The women is clean, then blood is shed (death), she is separated (burial) and then clean again (resurrected).

It would also behoove us to address the English word touch. It is this writer's opinion, based upon the meaning and use of this word in Hebrew, that touch in this case implies intimacy or sustained contact. The word in our designed ancient language is naga’ (נגע). This word means to reach out with the hand or foot. Here are a few examples.

Bere’shiyt (Genesis) 3:3
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bere’shiyt 12:17
And YHVH plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bere’shiyt 26:11
And Abimelech charged all his people, saying, He that toucheth this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.

Yehoshua‘ (Joshua) 8:15
And Joshua and all Israel made as if they were beaten before them, and fled by the way of the wilderness.

As you can see, this word implies sustained close contact. Mr. Wizard probably invisioned playing tag as a youngster. Orthodox Judaism, in the interest of avoiding sustained contact, placed fences around these passages such as separate bedrooms or even separate houses. We all have to make personal judgments when it comes to applying these commandments, which brings me to Mr. Wizard's final sarcasm. He is correct in that how would another person know that a woman is in her separation. Well, perhaps if we taught our families what the Scriptures say from the beginning, this would be a no-brainer. Perhaps if we taught our children from their youth that they should simply tell someone. I have experienced the logical conclusion multiple times while out on the road. I am a touchy feely person. I am a big hugger and squeezer. Many times when reaching out to squeeze the living daylights out of some innocent female conference attendee, I am quietly told that she does not prefer to be hugged or to shake her hand. It is quite obvious why and no one is offended. Oh my goodness, says the limp wristed Mr. Wizard, I am so offended, what a burden and how intolerant can you be. It might be worthwhile to mention that shaking hands is a western phenomenon and may be responsible for a multitude of transmittable maladies.

Something tells me that Mr. Wizard is university trained.

Shalom Alecheim!
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2011, 11:45:02 PM »

Brad's lastest word Study  Cheesy  Please visit and support @ www.wildbranch.org THANK YOU !!!
Torahby Brad Scott

One of the most popular songs of the 60's was called "I fought the law and the law won". One of the most poplular songs of the 70's was called "I shot the sheriff". From the Keystone Cops to the Police Academy movies, the concept of law in this country was demonized at worst and ridiculed at best. It took a long time to redefine this word in western cultures, and by nature we take that paradigm into the Scriptures. Nevertheless, the King James translators chose this English word to express the Greek word nomos (νομος), to express the Hebrew word torah (תורח).

The Hebrew word torah is the feminine singular absolute form of the parent root yarah (ירה). Its root letters being yud, resh and heh. The pictographic meaning is to behold (heh) (ה) the man (resh) (ר) who casts forth (yud) (י). In most lexicons this word is defined as to throw or shoot. Can you still see a negative nuance here? Agriculturally, this word was used to express the casting forth of rain. This word was prayed every planting season, for the husbandman planted the seed, but then waiting for the rain to bless the seed. This is why we are told over and over again in the Tanakh that if we obey His commandments (Torah) we will be blessed. The rains (Torah) do not plant the seed, the rains only bless the seed once it has been planted. If there is no seed, then the rains (Torah) cause the ground to flood and curses the soil. Yeshua‘ told us that the field is the world. We can understand our place in this world if we simply observe what goes on in a field. Below are a couple of examples of this word in its agricultural form.

Hoshea (Hosea) 6:3
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know YHVH: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Hoshea (Hosea) 10:12
Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek YHVH, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

Now can you imagine a westerized preacher standing in a pulpit proclaiming that the rain is no longer for us?

Shalom Alecheim! ◊
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:46:37 PM by Masters » Logged
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »

Cinnamon
by Brad ScottOur English word cinnamon is taken from the Hebrew word qinnamown (קנמוֹן). As this word eventually moved through the Latin, the harder q was softened to a c. This word, in its original Hebrew, comes from the verbal root qanan (קנן), which means to shelter or protect. One of its occurrences is in Shemot (Exodus) 30:23, where YHVH commands Mosheh to make the anointing oil of the tabernacle from three principal spices, one of which is cinnamon. So, one of the ingredients of the anointing oil means protection. Isn't YHVH good?

Shalom Alecheim! ◊

Please Visit & Support Brad & Carol Scott @ www.wildbranch.org  Wink
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2011, 05:40:40 AM »

Please Visit and Support Brad Scott www.wildbranch.org Wink

What is "Under the Law?" Huh? Huh? Huh?

Introduction

There is a universal battle cry for those who embrace Jesus Christ as Lord and yet at the same time deny His words. "We are no longer under the law, but under grace." I meant what I just said. This has been the banner under which millions of Christians for hundreds of years have flown. Humankind, since the days of Adam, have turned away from the word of YHVH. It is a central part of our fallen nature. There are really three kinds of people in the world. Those who disobey the commands of YHVH because they do not acknowledge His existence, those who disobey Him and do it in His name, and those who claim His name and obey Him. Which one are you? When reading the Scriptures, it becomes quite evident that no matter what "dispensation" you are cruising through, disobedience is rampant, and so is chaos and moral decay. This is not only true today, but it seems to have reached it's pinnacle. At least in the times of the Judges or the times of David, YHVH's people realized that they had turned from His ways and repented now and then. Today, however, the modern church stills teaches that Yeshua‘’s death put an end to law. So we all stand by and watch as our society crumbles, having the peace of mind that it is not our fault. It is Satanism, the New World Order, the New Age Movement, the Catholics, the Democrats, liberalism, Bill and Hillary, Hollywood, Nintendo, Neo-Nazi's, and Oprah Winfrey.

I hope and pray that this study will begin to open your eyes to the commonly accepted interpretation of being under the law. Like many of the Hebrew words we have defined, this phrase has a background and an Old Testament meaning that is imperative in understanding it's New Testament use. This will take a few lessons to get through, but I believe it is very important. Yeshua', Sha’ul, and all the writers of the New Testament would have used the concept of law in the framework of it's previously established use. This word, or for that matter, the idea of being under the law, was not created in a vacuum. However, the use or misuse of this idea was so misunderstood by "Jew and Gentile" alike, that Sha’ul spends an incredible amount of time to make it clearly understood. Why so much attention to this word? Well, it is because one cannot draw the two usual conclusions to this matter. There seems to be a very fine line between obedience and what we call legalism. I hope to show that Sha’ul's desire for "Jew and Gentile" was that they lived in YHVH's glorious grace. He also stressed that YHVH's people walked in obedience in their newly found life in Yeshua', and that these two ideas were not in conflict. Considering the two opposing cultures, this was not an easy task. Drawing two such contrary views of life into one would take up a lot of writing space. I believe that the Messiah Yeshua‘ was the answer to that enmity created by the law between "Jew and Gentile".

The phrase under the law is found ten times in the New Testament. If you are familiar with scriptural numerics, then you will quickly notice that the number ten usually speaks of law or judgement for disobeying (10 commandments, 10 plagues, the tithe, etc.). I intend to discuss these ten occurrences. First, however, we must take the time to define what we mean by the law. As I have said many times before, the New Testament writers would have used this word as it has always been understood and defined. Simply put, if law was evil or bad in the Tanakh then it would continue to be understood as evil or bad in the New Testament. If YHVH's laws were understood as righteous and set apart (holy) in the Tanakh, then they would continue to be defined as righteous and set apart in the New Testament. I would pray that this would not only be in harmony with the very nature of YHVH, but is simple common sense. If YHVH is constantly changing the meaning of these words, then there is no solid rock on which we are to stand. Our God is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Ivrim (Hebrews) 13:Cool. Do you believe that only Yeshua‘ was the same? YHVH does not change (Male’akiy (Malachi) 3:6). There is no explanation of the phrase under the law because it was already understood!

Many times I find modern Christian teachers teaching backwards! The modern church approaches the Scriptures by beginning in the New Testament, forming an understanding of its teachings, and then going back to the Old Testament to understand it's meaning. This denies the plain cultural meaning of the text and conforms the Scriptures to the ever changing ideology of the church rather than forming the church around the solid consistent rock of scripture. When you read the book of Acts, you see that, historically, the followers of Yeshua‘ did not simply accept whatever new teaching they heard. They could not have tested established revelation (Tanakh), which they knew to be true, by a new revelation which they did not know to be true. The three sections of the Tanakh were already accepted and established as YHVH's set apart, everlasting word. YHVH had already commanded, and Yeshua‘ confirmed, that a new teaching or claim of Messiahship was to be tested against what YHVH had already revealed, not the other way around. Interpreting the Scriptures backwards produces a message that is backwards. They could not have justified New Testament teaching by quoting the New Testament!

The English word law is translated from the Greek word nomos. It is very important to see how this word evolved because the defining of words change our image and perception of the full meaning of a sentence when it is formed. The translation process from Greek to English has already changed the meaning of law. In Greek society, the concept of law still held a positive, honorable, and instructive substance. When we peruse the Tanakh, we see that the law was reverently esteemed, and was given many other titles to describe it's place in the lives of YHVH's people. We will discuss those titles later. As this word traveled the translation process, it took on a much heavier, negative connotation. As early as the 3rd century A.D. the so-called early church fathers had already begun to denigrate this word. Law was already being taught as a product of 'the Jews'. An heretical character named Marcion taught that the entire Tanakh should be removed from the pulpits as well as many sections of the New Testament which put the law and 'the Jews' into a more positive light, such as the book of Luke and the book of Acts.

As the western culture progressed, the concept of law grew more and more negative. The whole scriptural concept of law and bondage was reversed. Law was taught as bondage, not sin. Certain cliches and phrases were adapted to express this bondage. What began in YHVH's word as light, life, righteousness, the Way, the walk, truth, goodness, and holiness, soon became disdained, loathed, and despised. IT'S THE LAW! LAW AND ORDER! THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW! HE BROKE THE LAW! I FOUGHT THE LAW AND THE LAW WON! The law has become the enemy. Today, in many movies the handsome bank robber or jewel thief is actually applauded over the bumbling representatives of the law, the police. Iniquity is actually portrayed as good and the law as bad! Law is no longer seen as good and righteous but is seen as nothing but fear and punishment. This is because the scriptural concept of law has been so twisted and redefined that it is virtually unrecognizable. I have come to at least one undeniable conclusion for a long time now. A nation's behavior is guided by it's philosophy, and a nation's philosophy is formed by it's religious values. All cultures and peoples form their society, no matter how large or small, from their view of whatever they deem to be the ultimate Superior. In this great nation it is supposed to be the 'God of the Bible'. But is it really? Next time we will begin with the creation of the very fabric of existence, Torah!

Shalom Alecheim!

Masters

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2011, 08:09:47 AM »

What is "Under the Law?" Part 2 Huh? Huh? Huh?

Please Visit & Support Brad & Carol Scott www.wildbranch.org

According to Colossians chapter 1, all things were created by the Word of YHVH. The Scriptures are full of expressions to verify this. The Word is YHVH in Yochanan (John) 1:1. The Word is life in Devariym (Deuteronomy) 32 and 1 Yochanan 1:1. The Word is light in Mizemor (Psalm) 119:105. The Word is the way in Mizemor 119:9. The Word is righteousness in Devariym 6 and Romans 6. The Word is wisdom in Mishlei (Proverbs) 4:5. The Word is truth in Mizemor 119:142. All things were created by this Word, says the writer of Ivrim (Hebrews). The Word is a general term to describe what is spoken and written down. An essential part of the Word is commands, ordinances, statutes, and laws. These are generally placed under the term laws. In the English, the word law is translated from the Greek word nomos, which comes from the predecessor Torah. Torah, however, does not mean law as we know it. It means teaching or instruction. Torah is another general term that refers to all teaching. Contained within Torah are commands or mitzvot. These are commands from YHVH to His creation. Teaching, instructions, and commands are given by YHVH to creation for its welfare and good. The very laws that brought all creation into existence are also to sustain it, whether it be man or beast, so to speak.

The Scriptures begin with laws or commands. "... let there be light ... let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters ... let the earth bring forth vegetation ... let there be lights ... let us make man ..." These commands brought forth all of His creation. This is the beginning of YHVH's Torah or instructions to creation. He placed within living things the ability to reproduce or multiply after itself, including humankind. He continues to give instructions to His creation after they are created to sustain His original commands. Adam, the first man, is created by laws or commands and is then given instructions. "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it ... of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat ..." Why did ’Elohiym tell Adam not to eat of this tree? Because you are what you eat? In other words, disobedience will result in a separation from ’Elohiym, and man will be accountable to choose between good and evil, and because of his now fallen nature, he will generally choose evil over good. This will perpetuate entropy and the eventual extinction of man. So what does YHVH do? He loves man. So, to sustain man, He gives him instructions or laws, not only for man but for all of His creation. All of creation is created by Torah and sustained by Torah.

All mankind will come from Adam, a fallen creature, sustained only by laws. But how is man reconciled back to YHVH if we all break those laws? How could man ever be redeemed? Well, not by the law. Why? Because law, instructions contained within the Word, was not designed to redeem man, but rather to create, sustain, and prosper man. When YHVH's instructions are obeyed, they separate and distinguish the obedient from the disobedient. The instructions in Shemot (Exodus) 19 separate YHVH's people as a peculiar treasure above all other people. In Devariym 30, it prospers and causes long life to those who obey. In Devariym 11, it blesses the obedient and curses the disobedient. All mankind was created by law, and blessed or cursed by it. Since commandments do not redeem man, YHVH had to redeem him another way. By grace! If man rejects grace, then he is by nature under the law. All mankind is under law until placed under grace by faith. YHVH's teaching and instruction (Torah) produced creation and sustains creation. The grace of YHVH through faith redeems man back to Him. His grace redeems man to Him, but will not sustain him unless faith is acted upon through Torah. Torah will sustain man but will not redeem him back to YHVH. Two systems with two different functions. With this in mind, we will now cover all ten verses in which the term under the law is applied.

Romans 3:9-19
"What then? Are we better than they? No, in no way: for we have before proved both Jews and Greeks, that they are all under sin; as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulcher; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips; whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness. Their feet are swift to shed blood; destruction and misery are in their ways; and the way of peace have they not known. There is no fear of God before their eyes. Now we know that whatever things the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God."

Many times I have heard these verses used to show the condition of Israel, as they are under the law and we (the church) are under grace. But this series of verses begins by stating that all are under sin, Jew and Gentile. All of these verses point to the condition of all of mankind, and that when the law speaks it speaks to every mouth, and that all the world is guilty before YHVH. The law tells us that we are all guilty before YHVH. The law in verse 20 teaches us what is right and wrong. We all are guilty of breaking the law, so we are all doomed unless YHVH provides another way to be redeemed. When we are placed under grace by faith, the law still teaches us what is right and wrong. That is its designed function and its lawful use (1 Timothy 1:Cool. To be under the law is to be without grace and therefore subject to the law, and therefore guilty. There is no teaching here that law was for Old Testament Jews or that they were redeemed by it. Remember that when Sha’ul (Paul) taught, the Bereans checked out everything he spoke by searching the Tanakh that these things were so. There was no New Testament to verify his words.

Romans 6:14-16
"For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are not under the law, but under grace. What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. Know ye not that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are whom ye obey, whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness."

Verse 14 is probably quoted more often than not to explain the doctrine that Yeshua‘ died to free the church from the Old Testament laws. This is absurd and what I call cradle hermeneutics. This discussion is one of hundreds of places where a working knowledge of Hebrew idiom and expressions are imperative to understanding the text. But even without that knowledge, you will begin to see that the focus of the next two chapters is the old man of Romans 6:6. Sha’ul begins chapter 6 by telling his listeners, both Jew and Gentile, that they are now dead to sin in verse 2. This was accomplished by identification with the baptism of Yeshua', which was the death of the sinful nature, the body of sin, also called the old man. Here, the body of sin was crucified, not the law. If you are not under grace, then you only have law which produces sin when disobeyed. You then become a servant to sin and under it's dominion. Not because you obey it, but because you do not obey it. It becomes your only master. This old man is the old nature, the Adamic nature. In Hebrew thinking, it is called the yetzer hara, or the evil inclination. This old man must serve the law because he has no other master, and therefore he is under the dominion of sin because he breaks the law. In other words, he is using the law for what it was not intended to be used. It is said that the English phrase "my old man", referring to a woman's husband, comes from this term. In other words, she is referring to a husband that she can never please. So the context here is the crucifying of the old man or the body of sin, and therefore being "dead to sin". In verses 11 through 13 Paul teaches us not to let sin reign in our mortal bodies anymore. Remember sin, in 1 Yochanan (John) 3:4, is transgression of Torah. He also tells us that we are to yield our bodies as instruments of righteousness unto YHVH. When we get to verse 14 we see that being under the law is synonymous with being under the dominion of sin, not Torah. Again, Torah teaches us what sin is, i.e. Torah is not sin. To be under grace is to be a servant of that which is righteous and that you are now freed from sin (Romans 6:18). We have the power to serve YHVH now rather than sin.

In chapter 7, Sha’ul begins by telling us that he is now addressing those who know Torah. To these brethren, it would consist of written and oral Torah, which is a subject for another time. He says, "Know ye not, brethren (for I speak to them that know the law), how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?" He is going to relate this teaching now to those who understand the culture. He then begins by using a story common in Jewish parables. "For the woman who hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband." Torah teaches that a marriage contract is forever or until her husband dies. The law states that when she chooses to marry a man that she must stay married to whom she chose. The law also states that when he dies she is freed from him. Now who is the man? The law? NO! Paul just explained to us in chapter 6 that the old man is the body of sin. So, let's interpret the parable as understood by the ones who knew the law. The husband is the body of sin, under the law, which can never be pleased. According to the law, she must stay married to him. If she tries to marry another, i.e. grace, while still married to her first husband, the body of sin, she is an adulteress, for she cannot serve two masters. If she, according to the law, dies to sin, i.e. the old man dies, then she is free to marry another.

The law, when disobeyed, is a curse and produces the body of sin, an old man which can never be pleased. To be under the law is to be without grace and under the constant dominion of sin, the old man. In the entire context of Romans 6 we see that there is no teaching here that the Jews were under law and now the church is under grace. Clearly we are all under the dominion of sin until we accept His wonderful grace. I see only two ways to go. If one rejects grace then he is under the law and bound by it. If, however, law was designed to save anyone, then there would be no need for grace.

Next week, we will continue this exposition for the remaining eight verses in which the term under the law is applied.

Shalom Alecheim!

Masters

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2011, 08:23:39 AM »

Ivrim 10:19-22
Having therefore, brethern, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Yeshua‘, by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say his flesh, and having an high priest over the house of God, Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
 Huh?

Commentary From Brad Scott... Please visit his website www.wildbranch.org  Cheesy
Let us draw near to what? What is in the Holiest? The testimony of God: His grace and His Torah! His word which cleanses us from all sin. Ephesians 2:12-13 also tells us what the uncircumcised have been brought near to. Sha’ul tells us that gentiles have been brought near unto the commonwealth of Israel, to the covenants of promise, and fellow citzens with the saints and of the household of God by one Spirit. It is what we have been brought into that is always Sha'uls focus. This is the meaning of the inner veil: natural branches and wild branches both having access to the Word of God through the body of the Messiah, our eternal High Priest.

Masters

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2011, 12:06:11 AM »

Brad Scott... Cheesy Please visit & support his Ministry at www.wildbranch.org

NOT MANY OF US SHOULD TEACH .... BRAD SHOULD  Wink

**********************************************************************************
Can I Lose My Salvation?

It seems that wherever I go, this question is usually asked. Many times I get this question in private after I speak. This issue is usually in a group of similar questions that are proposed in the guise of seeking an answer, but in truth is only an attempt to solicit an accomplice. Those who are convinced that there is an actual 'correct' answer to this question are usually only seeking more ammunition for their view. My purpose is not to avoid the answer, but to ask if the scriptures even address or teach such a question, or is this question really just another diversion from the real issues.

I suppose an accurate answer to this question may lie in what a person means by 'salvation'. This is a question I have addressed several times in past lessons in the archives, so I will not labor the point again. However, it would behoove us to address it because one's definition of salvation directly affects the issue. Since the majority of appearances of this word is contexually related only to some kind of physical deliverance, we will not concern ourselves with scriptures in which that is the case, even though some arguments for and against the loss of salvation do quote these scriptures erroneously. We will concern ourselves with the context of salvation as it relates to the 'new birth', or deliverance from the penalty for sin, which is death. Those who believe that you can be saved and then lose that salvation have a list of prooftexts that are supposed to support their view. Not the least of which are:

Ivrim 6:4-6
"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of ’Elohiym, and the powers of the age to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of ’Elohiym afresh, and put him to an open shame."

Ivrim 10:26
For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins ..."

2 Kefa 2:20-22
"For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of Adonai and Savior, Messiah Yahshua, they are again entangled in it, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them then the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed, to her wallowing in the mire."

Those who believe that one cannot lose their salvation have a long list of prooftexts as well. Some of them are:

Ephesians 1:13
"In whom ye also trusted, after ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise ..."

Yochanan 5:24
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word and believeth on him that sent me, hath EVERLASTING life, and shall not come unto judgment, but is passed from death unto life."

Ivrim 7:25
"Wherefore, he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto ’Elohiym by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them."

Now I am sure I will be inundated with e-mails containing much 'better' prooftexts to support each position. But I know what most of them are. I was raised in the 'church', and I have listened and read most of the ironclad positions concerning this matter, which is all the more reason for my stand on this issue. My question would be, are these verses placed where they are for the express purpose of teaching whether one can lose their salvation or not? If this question is what is being taught by the writers of scripture, then I can assure you that there is good support on both sides, and the issue will NEVER be solved. But do the scriptures in any way force us to solve this issue? I think not.

The issue of the loss of salvation is in keeping with western theology, which has long been in the business of defending itself rather than seeking truth. The answers to these religious polls is the litmus test as to whether one belongs to the correct religion. Let me ask two simple questions. If I AM truly born again and I believe that I can lose that standing, then how does my answer change the fact that I am born again? If the answer to that question is not the means by which I became 'saved' in the first place, then how does an affirmative answer 'unsave' me? On the other hand, if I am truly NOT born again, then does my belief that I am once saved, always saved, change the fact that I am not saved? We are now getting closer to my position, for what it is worth.

In the 3rd chapter of the gospel of Yochanan, Yahshua has a little chat with Nicodemus. It is here that we are confronted with the issue of the new birth. The Messiah does something that is very typical of His culture. He uses an earthly, physical reality to teach of a heavenly, spiritual reality. He compares the spiritual birth with an earthly birth. Then he scolds Nicodemus for attempting to understand spiritual realities outside of grasping the earthly realities. The question that should be asked is, Am I truly a child of ’Elohiym?

When one is born in the flesh, he enters the world through no effort of his own. But the reality of the physical birth HAS taken place. The reality of this birth is expressed in the process of the child BEING human. The child, crudely at first, will now seek to behave, quite naturally like a human. There will be diversity in specifics, but the behavior will be human behavior. The child cannot choose to be a dolphin, a pidgeon, a flower or a shoe. He is a human and will by nature seek those things that are condusive to human behavior, however varied they may be. The reality of the 'heavenly' birth is placed along side the physical one. If one is truly born again, an incorruptable seed, then this child of God will seek to behave like a child of God. His behavior is determined and guided by the source of his birth, in the same way that earthly children's appearance and behavior is determined and guided by the genetic make-up and training of his parents. From my perspective, when I see a professed child of ’Elohiym consistently behaving in a manner not consistent with the ways of the Creator, I can logically assume two things. Either the person is ignorant of the ways of the God of Israel, or the person is only professing to be a child and in reality has not received the Word of ’Elohiym. It is in all the anecdotal possibilities that the analogy begins to break down, not because Yahshua's comparison is faulty, but because Yahshua is using faithful pictures, and our world is filled with deception and inconsistencies. In our picture with Nicodemus, the reality of the expression of the new birth is as certain as the reality of the expression of our first birth. However, in our world people say one thing and do another. It is difficult to use father, mother, and family relationships to describe spiritual relationships because our culture of uncertain parentage is filled with broken homes, violence, abuse, abandonment and children who have 3 or 4 sets of stepmothers and stepfathers.

It is here that I will stop and simply give my stand on this issue. I have studied this issue extensively, not only in the scriptures, but in Rabbinical literature as well. You do not read of the Jewish people sitting around arguing whether they could lose their salvation or not. In Rabbinical literature the subject was always 'how' to please their Creator. I believe that if a person has TRULY received Messiah, the living seed and word of YHVH, then his or her life will, by nature, express that reality by obeying His commandments and following His ways. This is what I believe the scriptures present to us. We are to examine ourselves as to whether we are 'in the faith' or not. We are all in various stages of growth and development, which is the meaning behind the fourth soil that produces one hundred, sixty, and thirtyfold. I believe that a professed believer is either clearly producing the works of his father, has not learned the ways of his father as yet, or is deceiving himself and others. I do not see the scriptures teaching a fourth option of 'losing' one's salvation. Salvation begins with a birth, a gift from YHVH and not any works, just like a physical birth. A true birth is followed by a natural, implanted (seed) desire to be like the one who brought you into the world. The question of losing it or never losing it is abominable at worst and irrelevent at best. The enormous amount of time spent on this silly question is nothing less than an evil attempt to divert our attention to intellectual comprehensions and away from 'doing' what is righteous and holy. The true child of YHVH is interested, by nature, in pleasing his father and doing those things that glorify him.

Mattityahu 5:16
"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father, who is in heaven."

2 Timothy 2:19
"Nevertheless, the foundation of ’Elohiym standeth sure, having this seal, YHVH knows them that are his; and, Let every one that nameth the name of Messiah depart from iniquity."

1 Kefa 1:14-16
"As obedient children, not fashioning ourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance, but, as he who hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of life, because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy."

1 Kefa 2:1-2,8
"Wherefore, laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that ye may grow by it ..."

Ephesians 2:8-10
"For by grace are ye saved, through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of ’Elohiym - not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Messiah Yahshua unto good works, which ’Elohiym hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

Whether in the physical or the spiritual, a true child has the seed of his father and produces the fruit of that seed. This has been true from the beginning and will be true in the end.

Hitgalut 12:17
"And the dragon was angry with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, who keep the commandments of ’Elohiym and have the testimony of Messiah Yahshua."

Shalom Alecheim!

Masters

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »

The Design of ScriptureThe Number One - Unity  / PLEASE VISIT & SUPPORT BRAD & CAROL SCOTT- VISIT THE MARKETPLACE !!!  T H A N K Y O U !!!
http://www.wildbranch.org/marketplace/

The numbers we will be covering at length will be cardinal numbers rather than ordinal numbers. Cardinal numbers are one, two, three, four, etc. Ordinal numbers are first, second, third, fourth, etc. In almost all languages, the cardinal number one represents unity and 'how many', and the ordinal numbers represent primacy, order, or pre-eminance. This is particularly important in understanding that YHVH is one, or that 'Elohiym (God) is one. This will become clearer as we define the word 'one' and research it's use in scripture.

One or '1', is unique in the sense that it contains none of the other numbers, but it the source of all the other numbers. Removing it from each number would make each number somewhat less than what it was designed to be. This is one reason (pun intended) that God is one. None of His creation is part of Him per se, for He is spirit, but He is the source of all that there is. When you remove Him from any part of His creation, (perhaps because of sin?) then each part is less than it was designed. God is one, this is clear. He does not need us, but we need Him. Earlier, I stated one of the interpretations of "in my flesh I shall see God". We see in our own bodies the reason why God is one. We have only one head and one mind. We have two arms to do things two ways, we have two legs to walk different ways, we have two eyes to look two ways, two ears to hear different things, but these things work in harmony when they take their instructions from the one head. This is why His people are called the body and He is called the head (Ephesians 1:22-23). In order to fully understand the oneness of God, we must first define 'one'.

One is the cardinal number in Hebrew and is dominantly represented by the word 'echad. In the Greek, this word is translated primarily as heis, and its feminine neuter form of mia. Heis and mia are the Greek words, like their Hebrew counterpart, that express the thought of 'how many'. The Hebrew word rishon and its counterpart, protos, express the thought of primacy, position, or order. Protos is where we get the English word prototype, which means the first or original. It is the word used for order or position. For example, compare the word 'firstborn' in Colossians 1:15 with Yochanan 1:1. The word for 'firstborn' is prototokos. This word is a word denoting position and pre-eminance and not oneness. This is why we are told that the Word of God (the Messiah) was 'in the beginning', denoting His pre-eminance. The word mia, however, is the common everyday term for the idea of 'how many'. The only violation of this in the Greek text is in the occurrences of the phrase 'first day of the week' and in Titus 3:10. First day of the week reads in the Greek as 'mia ton sabbaton' or 'one of the sabbaths' and not 'first day of the week'. That, of course, is a subject for another time.

The root meaning of 'echad, is one, alone, or only. The largest percentage of Hebrew scholars however understand and teach that the word means 'unity'. This is because of the nature of it's use in scripture. The Sh'ma states, "Sh'ma Israel, YHVH our 'Elohiym, YHVH is one ('echad). Based upon the use of the word 'echad, the Sh'ma is telling us that there is but one God and one YHVH, and not two or three or hundreds of gods. He is 'echad because there is no other. He alone is God. The verse in B'reshith 1:26 in which we read that man was created in 'our' image, does not violate the oneness of God. It only opens the door to various interpretations as to the nature or essence of the one God, i.e., the Christians trinity or the Rabbinical views of the many attributes of God, or even that He is counting the angels that were with Him. This is why B'reshith 1:26 does not contradict Yesha'yahu 44:24: ... 'oseh kol oteh shamayim levadiy', 'who makes all things stretching the heavens alone.' This simply teaches that there is no other God who created all things, i.e., the number of Gods. It does not teach the nature or essence of the one true God.

The idea of unity within the one God can be seen in other uses of the word 'one'.

Sh'mot 12:49
"ONE Torah shall be to him that is home-born and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you."

The multifaceted Torah is seen as one. Also in B'reshith 1:9:

"And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto ONE place ..."

Here again we see the concept of unity. There are a handful of occassions when 'echad is translated as first.

B'reshith 1:5
"... And the evening and the morning were the FIRST day."

B'reshith 2:11
"The name of the FIRST is Pishon ..."

B'reshith 8:5
"... on the FIRST day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen."

But by far the dominant meaning of 'echad is 'how many'. Perhaps the most divisive concept of unity is in the manifestation of God, or the Messiah. This, of course, no more violates the oneness of God, than many Rabbinical ideas about the nature of God. The association of the number one with God simply takes a unique position relative to the existence of everything else. According to the laws of logic, there can be only 'one' beginning. This testifies to the laws of Sir Isaac Newton. Modern science, using the unbending law of cause and effect, have concluded that all the effects that we see have ONE cause or ONE beginning. Ultimately, every seen and unseen thing came from ONE source and not 'no source'.

In Hebrew there is a number system applied to each of the Hebrew letters. This will be posted at the end of this teaching for future reference. As you would imagine, the first letter of the Aleph-bet, or the Aleph, is represented by the number one. The Aleph is called the 'head' of the letters. There are many Hebrew words that have the idea of oneness attached to their meaning, that begin with the Aleph. This is one of the first things you look for in studying the 'sod' or deeper meaning of a text. The beginning letter, it's meaning and gematria, starts the process for discerning why YHVH chose that particular word and not another. Several of these words are: God, one, truth, faith, father, mother, Aviv (first month of the year), Adonay, Adam, earth, tabernacle, word, light, sign and ark. Scripturally, those things that are revealed as 'one' are unique and should be studied. Here is a fairly comprehensive lists of those things that are uniquely 'echad.

One YHVH, One God: D'varim 6:4
Man and Wife: B'reshith 2:24
His Name is one: Z'kharyah 14:9
One Body: Ephesians 4:4
One Spirit: Ephesians 4:4
One Hope: Ephesians 4:4
One Faith: Ephesians 4:5
One Baptism: Ephesians 4:5
One Father: Ephesians 4:6
One Seed: Galatians 3:16
One Son: Yochanan 3:16
One Law: Sh'mot 12:49
One Way: Yochanan 14:6, Yirmeyahu 32:39
One Truth: Yochanan 14:6
One Master:Mattityahu 23:8
One That is Good: Luke 18:19
One Mediator: 1 Timothy 2:5
One Man of disobedience: Romans 5:19
One Man of Obedience: Romans 5:19
One True Husband: 2 Corinthians 11:2
One New Man: Ephesians 2:15
One Lawgiver: Ya'akov 4:12
One Tabernacle: Sh'mot 26:6
One Heart: Yirmeyahu 32:39
One Stick: Yechezk'el 37:17
One Shepherd: Yechezk'el 37:24
One Nation: Yechezk'el 37:22
One King: Yechezk'el 37:22
One Head: Hoshea 1:11
One Consent: Tz'fanyah 3:9
One People of God: Yochanan 17:21-22

The scriptures cast away all those doctrines and religious concepts that would teach that there is one law for Israel and one law for the church. It destroys the notion that there is one destiny for Israel and another one for the church, or that there is more than one seed, one faith, one way, or one truth. Since the Greek word for church is used extensively from B'reshith to Hitgalut, it would not take a rocket scientist to figure out how many churches God has, or how many Israel's there are. The concept of 'echad is unique and truly one. This is by no means a fully comprehesive study of the number one, but I hope it is a good start.

Yochanan 17:21-22
That they all may be one, as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou has sent me. And the glory which thou gaves me I have given the, that they may be one, even as we are one."
GEMATRIA VALUE FOR EACH LETTER
Aleph = 1 Bet = 2 Gimel = 3 Dalet = 4 He = 5
Vav = 6 Zayin = 7 Chet = 8 Tet = 9 Yod = 10
Kaph = 20 Lamed = 30 Mem = 40 Nun = 50 Samech = 60 
Ayin = 70 Peh = 80 Tzaddi = 90 Qoph = 100 Resh = 200
Shin = 300 Tav = 400 Kaph = 500 
Final Form Mem = 600
Final Form Nun = 700
Final Form
Peh = 800
Final Form Tzaddi = 900 
Final Form

Note: the final form means that the letter takes on a different form when it is the last letter of the word, vs. not the last letter of the word!

Shalom Alecheim!

Masters

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »

Hebrew Words Defined

The Church - Introduction

by Brad Scott[/b]

One of the main purposes of these lessons is to discuss the redefining of scriptural words. Some redefining does not cause life-altering changes. However, some are very important, and need to be revealed and thought about. We are in a battle with haSatan for the lives of those he wishes to deceive and destroy. We have discussed recently how knowing the truth is a continuation of YHVH's word (Yochanan (John) 8:31-21). Hasatan knows that if Yah's truth continues just like He designed it to do, then His lifesaving words will continue, as well. Hasatan hates that. The three most redefined words are faith, law, and grace. In my opinion, these three are closely followed by the redefining of the word church. Some paradigm shifts in this word are obvious to many. When preachers stand in the pulpit and proclaim that the church is not a building but YHVH's people, everyone concurs heartily. Some shake their heads and smile, conspicuously revealing that they never really thought about that. I just described most of modern Christendom. Some always knew that but betray the concept theologically. Why do I say that? Because we have been slowly programmed to believe that these people are only those of the last 2,000 years or of this dispensation. The church loves dispensationalism. Whenever there is a period of time in which there is teaching and instruction (also redefined as rules, law, and harsh taskmasters) that we are inconvenienced by, we can simply stick it into a dispensation. Disobedience by royal decree. Many will concede that in the tribulation the rules are back, and that in the millennium it seems that Sabbath and some feasts are back again. But that is explained by laying it all on the reappearance of Israel. Israel always has rules, but not us. God begins with rules, then fulfills them for 2,000 years and then goes back to the rules. So, we of the church cry FREEDOM. Hallelujah! No rules. Jesus has carried them all on His shoulders for us. Meanwhile, our society, our culture, our government, our nation, and our children rot and decay all around us as we put up another revival tent.

There are modern quips that many of us use matter of factly. I mentioned one earlier. The idea of "going to church" is certainly one. "I'm sorry honey, but I don't have time to mow the lawn right now, I've got some work to do at the church", is another. Many of us are late getting home on Sundays because "church was so late". These statements are truth simply because we have said them often enough to make them true. So, church to many of us is actually only a building. Sometimes in teaching and preaching we also make certain statements as if they are scriptural fact. The church began in Acts chapter 2. Do the Scriptures say that the church began in Acts chapter 2? No! We draw that conclusion for several different reasons. The number one reason is because we have always heard that. Just ask virtually anyone in your next Sunday school class where the Scriptures says that the church started in Acts. Most will have no clue. "That is what I was always taught" they will say. There will be some that will attempt to prove it by searching their concordance for the word church, which I shall show very soon is almost meaningless. There will be some that will ponder it for a few minutes and ask to get back with you on that one. There may be one person who knows the Scriptures well enough to quote Mattityahu (Matthew) 16:18, "And I say also unto thee that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hades shall not prevail against it." The church is future, they will state. To begin with, "I will build" is future. "My church" is referring to the body of believers that Yeshua‘ will add to. The actual physical building is not being referenced here. The background of this statement is crucial, as well. I will address this after we have traced the formation and beginnings of this term. It has everything to do with His question about who He was and His response that they not tell anyone that He was Yeshua‘ haMashiach (verse 20). So, in keeping with our pattern so far, let us research this very important word.

The first thing I want to say about this word is very elementary, I admit. But sometimes I think that most of us really do not give much thought as to where words and ideas come from, especially words that we throw around a lot. YHVH chose to communicate to us in words, so how He defines them ought to be of upmost importance. When you read the New Testament in the Greek or the Hebrew it does not say church. Well duh! I know that. Do you really think about that? This word we are saying and defining and in many instances hanging our eternal hats on, may, and in most cases does, mean something different than our modern view may teach. Is that worth investigating? Where did this word church come from? This word has a long history. It immediately goes back to the English and Germanic word kirke. It is an old Babylonian term from the goddess Circe (pronounced "seer-say"). We get several English terms from this word, such as circle, circumference, circumstance, and circumvent, which is very revealing to me as to the real nature of this word. The goddess Circe was connected to the power of the sun, which is, of course, circular. This gives some insight to the anglo-saxon pagan practice of standing in circles. This also traces back to Constantine and his decree to blend the current pagan practices with his so-called new found faith, Christianity. The Greek word that church was translated from is ekklesia (έκκλησία). This word is a combination of two Greek words, ek normally translated as out of, and the word kaleo, as in to call. So, the word church comes from the Greek word meaning to call out. This gets us much closer to the original intent of the word. However, it is erroneous to assume that the word ekklesia is synonymous with the body of Yeshua', the true believers. This word was well known in Greek culture long before Yeshua‘ arrived on the scene. It was the very word used to describe the assembly of worshippers of every conceivable god known to the Greeks. In other words, this word is simply an assembly of people. Any people, anywhere, anytime. It is the word that the early translators chose to best represent the Greek equivalent to its original Hebrew beginning. But it only best represents it. This word appears in the New Testament over 100 times. It also begins in the Tanakh and appears there over 100 times as well. We will trace its beginnings next time.

There is one thought that I would like to leave with you to ponder. I hope to continue to show that the redefining of all scriptural terms has one common source and one common purpose, TO SEPARATE MAN FROM THE COMMANDMENTS OF YHVH, to leave man continually disobedient, lost, confused, and disconnected from the life-giving words of YHVH. I believe that the enemy knows that if he can disassociate us from so-called "Jewish" things, and reinvent a whole new religion spouting all new terms, then this plan will plant the seeds of deception. This deception would eventually lead to a scattered church. See you next time.

Shalom Alecheim! ◊
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »

Feast

by Brad Scott

Much has been made about the feasts of YHVH over the last 20 years. These feasts are not Jewish feasts but rather belong to YHVH Himself. The commandments concerning the sanctifying of His feasts and the condemnation of the "feasts of the nations" are quite clear and irrefutable. However voluminous the reasons are, the actual meaning of the word for feast is, in my humble opinion, the basis for these feasts being tied to many of the prophecies of the two comings of the Messiah, and to the people of YHVH themselves.The Hebrew word for feast is mo'ed (מעד). This word first appears in Bere'shiyt (Genesis).

Bere'shiyt 1:14And 'Elohiym said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons [mo'ed], and for days and for years.

The point of this seminal statement is that the sun, moon, and stars are placed where they are for the scriptural determination of our days, months, years, seasonal festivals and signs, i.e., the heavens declaring the glory of 'Elohiym. This same word is also the word for assembly or gathering, to betrothe, set times and appointments. Yah's assembly, also called church, the gathering of His saints, His relationship with His bride and all the prophetic set times are inseparably tied to His feasts, or appointed times. The reason YHVH is so adamant about the keeping of His festivals is because He knows that in them are the revelations of His two great appointments (mo'ed) with mankind. By the way, in the Hebrew culture those who do not participate in these ordained festivals are said to be asleep. Hmmmm.

Shalom Alecheim! ◊
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2011, 07:46:22 AM »

Shalom~Shalom

http://www.wildbranch.org/daysofatree.pdf

This is a Link to a PDF Power Point of Brad Scott's teaching of the "Days of a Tree"

Please visit & support Brad & Carol Scott www.wildbranch.org

http://www.wildbranch.org/daysofatree.pdf
www.wildbranch.org
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2011, 08:55:29 AM »

Shalom~Shalom

NEW BRAD SCOTT DVD - 6 Hours an 36 Minutes  Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://www.wildbranch.org/marketplace/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=106

**************************************************************************************************
The Camels and the Well (DVD)

$30.00

(4 DVDs)

Revealing the Identity of the Bride
 The journey of Abraham's servant to find a bride for Issac is the most revealing story in the Scriptures of the nature and characteristics of the bride of the Messiah. The Camels and the Well is a verse by verse study of Bere'shiyt (Genesis) Chapter 24. Brad breaks down and discusses some of the most revealing words of the Torah and their meaning for His bride today. Come on a journey with Brad to discover what it means to follow the Spirit of the Most High God.
 Disc #1: ■Session 1: The Paradigm of the Bride
■Session 2: In Remembrance of the Seed
■Session 3: A Little History of Abraham
■Session 4: Abraham and Eliezar: Part 1

Disc #2:
■Session 5: Abraham and Eliezar: Part 2
■Session 6: Take Her from the Soil That I Came from
■Session 7: Bring Not My Son There Again
■Session 8: The Ten Camels Part 1

Disc #3: ■Session 9: The Ten Camels Part 2
■Session 10: The Camels Bow at the Well
■Session 11: The Wells of Salvation: Part 1
■Session 12: The Wells of Salvation: Part 2

Disc #4:
■Session 13: Ribqah: Model of the Bride: Part 1
■Session 14: Ribqah: Model of the Bride: Part 2
■Session 15: Follow the Spirit: Get on the Camels

Runtime: 6 hours 36 minutes

Also Available in DVD Download Format
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2011, 08:19:13 AM »

Word Study By Brad Scott Please visit & support www.wildbranch.org Wink

Fulfill

by Brad Scott

One of the more controversial verses in the New Testament is found in Matthew chapter 5:

Mattityahu (Matthew) 5:17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

We are all aware of how our religious friends interpret the word fulfill here. "Look! He did not come to destroy the Torah but to end it." In other words, He did not come to destroy the law but to destroy the law!

What does the word fulfill mean? The Greek word used here is pleroo (πληρόω). This downstream Greek word means to fill up or to make full. That ought to end the conversation right there. This is not the Greek word for the ending or ceasing of anything. When we take this word back to the beginning we see that it shows up first in Genesis chapter 1:

Bere'shiyt (Genesis) 1:22And 'Elohiym blessed them, saying Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill [pleroo] the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

The Hebrew word used here is mala' (מלא). In most americanized Hebrew lexicons this word also means to fill something up or to make full or complete. Pictographically, it is a mem (waters), a lamed (to lead to) and an aleph (power). This word means "the power to lead to the waters." Is it just happenstance that the first occurrence is life in the seas? You see, our Master created the seas, but it is just water without life in it. In other words, once life is added to the seas, He can now say that it is good. The same is true when all the creatures of the earth, including Adam and Chavah, are brought forth. The earth is not complete without life in it.

The religious systems of the day had turned the Torah into a rote system of rules and regulations that they had added to God's commandments. They moved the life out of the Torah. Yeshua', the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE, had come to restore life back into the Word of God. He came to fill it up to make it whole once again. Yeshua' came to restore the Torah back to HE SAID instead of THEY SAID.

Shalom Alecheim! ◊
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2011, 07:30:16 AM »

These Books are Life Changing !!! You Can purchase 5 Books written By Brad Scott for $40    Wink
 Please visit & support Brad & Carol Scott www.wildbranch.org
http://www.wildbranch.org/marketplace/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=7r8jvt6pvak8234crpk0mh6rb5
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2011, 06:24:37 AM »

Brad Scott- on the Tabernacle- this is an exerpt from the Brazen Alter- Part 2,
Please visit & support Brad & Carol Scott- www.wildbranch.org THANKS !!!
In John 14, Yeshua‘ said,

Yochanan (John) 14:6I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father, but by me.

Where does the Father dwell? Between the cherubim, above the testimony and the mercy seat in the Most Holy Place! When you entered the tabernacle, you ran square into the brazen altar. This place of sacrifice, whole sacrifice, stood between you and the abode of YHVH. This is the place of the whole burnt offering. Why a whole offering? Well, the very meaning of the word whole will give us some insight. The word whole comes from the Hebrew kaliyl (כליל). The root of this word is kalal (כלל) which means to be perfected, finished, or complete. One of the cognates of this word is kallah (כללה), which is the word for bride. The idea behind YHVH's choice of this word is that this offering represents completeness, or the finished act. All other offerings and "rituals" are to be observed after this offering. The animal offered on this altar gave himself completely. The whole idea, pun intended, of this altar as a picture is that the sinner, as represented by the priests, gave him or herself completely before daring to approach the Holy or Most Holy Place. This was to be accomplished before approaching the laver, as well. The one who is identified with this sacrifice is to fully understand what is being done here. When we give our lives to Yeshua‘ through identification with His sacrifice, we are to understand that we are giving all our sin to be reduced to ashes. We are handing over all of our life to Him so that He might live through us. We are giving spirit, soul, and body. This is why Sha’ul tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5:

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Master Yeshua‘ the Messiah.

Romans 12:1-2 alludes to the same thing. Modern Christian teaching has so typically taught that we plunge our spirit into His spirit, and that only our spirits are to become one with the Ruach haQodesh. The brazen altar, however, paints a different picture, one of complete identification with the animal that has given its life. So it is with the Messiah's sacrifice. This word kalal first appears in Bere’shiyt (Genesis) 2:1, when YHVH tells us that the heavens and the earth were vayekullu (ויכלּוּ), i.e., finished or completed. The cognate, kallah, used for bride also teaches us this identification with completeness. Now why would the root of bride mean "to be complete"? Because the man is not complete without the woman. The literal taking of the side of man to make a woman and the subsequent reuniting through scriptural marriage, is a picture of the oneness that YHVH created in his image and called "man". So it is with the teaching of the Master's bride in Scripture. Our Messiah waits patiently at the right hand of YHVH for His bride, so that He, too, may be complete. This bride, through the love of her bridegroom, is growing into a "perfect man" according to Ephesians 4.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: