Waytozion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2018, 12:49:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Registration is disabled due to spammers.  If you would like to join this forum then send a message to dumb-rod@waytozion.org with your desired user name, password and email address.  Include the answer to this question:  Who is the Way, the Truth, and The life?  You have one week to make your first post so only sign up if you're serious about being active.
9726 Posts in 1436 Topics by 18 Members
Latest Member: Allenbee
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Waytozion Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Scripture Studies
| | |-+  Tyler Dawn / Shabbat "Playlist"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Tyler Dawn / Shabbat "Playlist"  (Read 1810 times)
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »

Thread I was reading in FB Land ...

Thanks for the information !!!
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
Manage
Paul Rowe
Paul Rowe The Mishnah/Talmuds are NOT from Yah.
Like · Reply · 5 · 5 hrs · Edited
Manage
Jonathan Andrew Brown
Jonathan Andrew Brown Here we go again.
Like · Reply · 5 hrs
Manage
Jonathan Andrew Brown
Jonathan Andrew Brown You know the statement here from the Mishnah on the "new years" is a recounting of what they did and what they practiced, right? The point of studying it isn't to say, "Let the unbelieving Jews tell me what to believe!"

No, the point is, "Let me lear...See More
Like · Reply · 20 · 5 hrs · Edited
Manage
Nitza Moshe
Nitza Moshe Jonathan Andrew Brown Amein!! Although if we lived and worked IN the land we would do and believe around the reality of the seasons and harvests and temple. We in USA corporate America do and believe there are fiscal years, etc. We have lost the history, culture, lifestyle, language , etc. and we think so differently. But worse is we are so ignorant with arrogance.
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs
Manage
Paul Rowe
Paul Rowe Don't misunderstand my questions. I have the upmost respect for Rico Cortes and all he teaches. I know that Rico always tells us to challenge and study out everything, so don't feel you need to defend him. I love Rico and his heart for Yah, shalom
Like · Reply · 4 · 2 hrs
Manage
Nitza Moshe
Nitza Moshe And studying the Mishna would be akin to studying primary and secondary documents on the Bible which is HisStory. The closer we can get in studying the writings closest to the people, the land,the culture, the language, the closer we can get to understanding.
Like · Reply · 4 · 2 hrs
Manage
Rico Cortes
Rico Cortes Paul Rowe
I know brother I understand we may not agree with everything.
Like · Reply · 4 · 2 hrs
Manage
Rico Cortes
Rico Cortes Paul Rowe
Brother I understand and the idea is to always continue searching
Like · Reply · 3 · 1 hr
Manage
Rico Cortes
Rico Cortes Jonathan Andrew Brown
Thank you brother for your comment
Like · Reply · 2 · 1 hr
Manage
Travis Pace
Travis Pace RicoCortes Recently ive been studying Divine Hermeneutics "13 Rules of R. Ismael" to really try to understand how Hillel and Shammai could both correct from two different conclusions. Shammai said 1Shevat for New Years of trees, Hillel said it must be ...See More
Like · Reply · 1 · 58 mins
Manage
Arle Masters

Write a reply...

Choose File
Diane Cohn
Diane Cohn Great information Rico.
This clears up all the confusion!
Like · Reply · 3 · 5 hrs
Manage
Paul Rowe
Paul Rowe Also please show me in Torah where there is more than one 'rosh hashanah' besides Aviv 1
Like · Reply · 3 · 5 hrs
Manage
Hide 23 Replies
Rico Cortes
Rico Cortes Study the temple
Like · Reply · 11 · 5 hrs
Manage
Steve Hoelscher
Steve Hoelscher Some verses that shed some light as well are from Exodus. 23:15-16 and 34:22
Like · Reply · 2 · 4 hrs
Manage
Chris Avalos
Chris Avalos Its confusing for many, when Torah does not specifically call for "Multiple" New Years. Not to mention the blaspheme of CHANGING the Scripture FROM "Yom Teruah" to "Rosh Hashanah."
Like · Reply · 1 · 4 hrs · Edited
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist Chris Avalos it is not called anything in Scripture, just described - in many different ways, actually. Blasphemy is slander - don't redefine words.
Like · Reply · 7 · 4 hrs
Manage
Chris Avalos
Chris Avalos If anything Yom Kippur would be considered the "Head" of the Sabbatical Years per Lev 25.
Like · Reply · 4 hrs
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist Evidently, Chris didn't want to be disagreed with again since he responded AFTER blocking me - typical.
Like · Reply · 2 · 4 hrs
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist Pretty touchy - my first contact with him, he accuses Rico of blasphemy, but all I did was tell him not to redefine words and I get blocked. #doublestandard
Like · Reply · 5 · 4 hrs
Manage
Rico Cortes
Rico Cortes Tishrei is for the counting of the sabbatical years and Jubilee years
Love · Reply · 4 · 3 hrs
Manage
Rico Cortes
Rico Cortes All this is related to temple function
Love · Reply · 3 · 3 hrs
Manage
Chris Avalos
Chris Avalos I agree that the Seventh Month known as Tishrei has Yom Kippur as the "head" of the Sabbatical Years, however Scripture specifically states that the 10th of the month is the delineation. With the change of making Tishrei 1 instead of Tishrei 10 the beginning of the count of Sabbatical Years we change the "reason" of Yah making it a specific day.
Like · Reply · 3 hrs
Manage
Arle Masters
Arle Masters Chris Avalos Hollisa Alewine has a book- Truth tradition or Tare where she addresses exactly what you just said - about people who say what you said about Rosh Hashanah- its very good - highly recommend this ....
Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hrs
Manage
Deborah Tucci
Deborah Tucci Torah does not say or imply that Yom Teruah has anything to do with a New Year. The Feast of Sukkot which takes place exactly two weeks after Yom Teruah, is referred to in one verse as “the going OUT of the year.” Exodus 23:16

Rosh HaShanah has effectively replaced (hijacked) Yom Teruah. ...See More
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs · Edited
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist Deborah Tucci anyone who has ever read the Rosh HaShanah Machzor knows that it is entirely about Messiah - all the prayers, all day, point to Yeshua, along with the 100 blowing of the Trumpets. Have you read those prayers in their entirety? My family d...See More
Like · Reply · 4 · 2 hrs
Manage
Deborah Tucci
Deborah Tucci Yom Teruah is an appointed Feast of the LORD and points forward to a time when Israel will be gathered back to the land (Isaiah 27:13). Also, it points to the time when Messiah will return. 1 Corinthians 15:51,52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

Rosh HaShanah...See More
Like · Reply · 31 mins
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist Deborah Tucci except that the Babylonian Akitu New Year Festival runs from Adar 21 to Nisan 1. Not sure who wrote this, but they are either regurgitating what they heard from someone else or they are falsifying information. It was specifically a barley...See More
Like · Reply · 27 mins
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist Also, when you cut and paste from elsewhere, would you be so kind as to at least give the link?
Like · Reply · 1 · 26 mins
Manage
Deborah Tucci
Deborah Tucci Source ~ Judaism 101
The origins of Rosh Hashanah may be sought in a royal enthronement ritual of biblical times, though the Bible itself never mentions the “New Year” or “Day of Judgment” aspects of the holiday. ...See More

How Yom Teruah Became Rosh Hashanah - NehemiasWall.com
Learn the Biblical verses which help us…
NEHEMIASWALL.COM
Like · Reply · 13 mins
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist It's always good to know the personal agendas of the people who are making claims, as well as their source material. For anyone wanting a scholarly look at Babylonian and Sumerian religion in general, I highly recommend The Treasures of Darkness by the...See More
Like · Reply · 2 · 12 mins
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist Deborah Tucci Thanks - that's where I figured you got it, I used to follow Nehemia as well until I started studying - then I realized he doesn't have any scholarly sources behind his claims.
Love · Reply · 1 · 11 mins
Manage
Deborah Tucci
Deborah Tucci My one and only question.
Why celebrate a tradition with such enthusiasm and for the most part ignore Yom Teruah, an appointed Feast Day?

That's all I got. Just trying to figure out why we do what we do. I appreciate what you posted. Something to look into. Shalom
Like · Reply · 3 mins
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist how is anyone ignoring YT when the prayer service has the shofar blown 100 times and constantly focuses attention on Messiah? The whole service is about YT - I don't understand why people think it isn't.
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 mins
Manage
Arle Masters
Arle Masters Exactly -
Like · Reply · Just now
Manage
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist this whole idea that YT and RH are different is a manufactured controversy that is very new. Tishri 1 is a holy day that has no name in Scripture, just a bunch of descriptions - more than just two. Calling it anything is arbitrary and not a matter of doctrine or a cover up. The truth is, we celebrate many things - but there is no cover up of Yom Teruah.

Masters

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »

Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
2 hrs ·
I almost never have this happen anymore, but I had a vision in the middle of the night. Not apocalyptic or anything funky like that lol. I was laying in bed and mourning over the division in the Body and all of a sudden it was like I found that my focus was being adjusted, like the focus on a camera. Things went from focused on my situation to very, very much a worldwide point of view. It happened over and over again and I began to see things shifted from a worldview to almost a single cell vs body view. I saw a world alive for Messiah, and then I saw a fully functioning Body. I saw things as they are meant to be. I saw people who had different beliefs because of how they were raised, their cultures, their ability to access Bibles easily, their desire for prayer, the doctrines they had been taught - Catholic, Protestant, whatever - and what I saw, instead of the divisiveness evident on the ground, was the impact. I saw the functioning that goes far beyond the doctrines we think of as so important that we hold orthodoxy above the expansion of the Kingdom of God, Eden, to the ends of the earth.
We've gotten hung up on whether people are doctrinally pure, what holidays they keep (or don't). Mostly we care that people do things the way we do them, and don't do things the way we don't do them - so on the ground it looks like a battlefield. But in pulling away from that, I saw the impact on the world - I saw the people who do instead of argue. They were like stars in the firmament, I guess, not shining but big, they were like giants because I saw their impact. I felt small, and I was grateful - because we tend to focus on our tiny area of the world instead of upon what the entire Body is doing - whether we approve of their doctrines or not. The ones with fruit who used it within their callings were giants. The ones causing division were not as large as I would have expected, in terms of impact - although they created problems on the ground, disruptions in the ability of people to focus on fruit and their own positive impact on the world, even they could not stand in the way of the Kingdom. I will tell you, if we would turn our faces away from the dividers and just do our jobs out there in the world, and everyone's job is different and impartant, as I posted yesterday, then the impact would be more like the days of the early church, not necessarily in miracles, but in changed lives,cities, and countries.
It started because I was asking God how to teach a message about "When God heals and when God doesn't heal." He had to show me how small we each are as individuals. When we see ourselves as large and the center of His attention, we take injuries personally, as though He has betrayed us - especially when He doesn't heal us according to our schedule, or someone else gets a miracle and we don't. Or worse, when we get one, how it can make us feel proud or entitled or favored and those who don't - well, obviously there is something wrong with them, right? Wrong. A thousand times wrong. Sometimes a puzzle piece needs healing for its own sake, and sometimes for the sake of another person entirely (like that poor boy who was responsible for cutting off my son's finger (although they both admit they had blame to share) - he was too sick inside to come to school for a week and when he returned yesterday, he found my son there, not angry or resentful). And yet, maybe the healing wasn't even for the sake of that boy or my son but for someone else! Sometimes there is no healing because a character flaw needs to be overcome or a character trait needs to be developed. maybe not in the person not being healed but in those around them - we are not wise enough to know. It is only for us to marvel when it happens and endure when it doesn't - giving glory to God and not scorn to the still inform or stand in awe of the one who got healed.
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 08:00:38 PM »

Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
7 hrs ·
Proof that Yeshua/Jesus is the Messiah and serving God and that the anti-missionaries (those who actively work to convert, not mainstream Christians, but only the Torah community of believers) are not serving God:
Jesus Christ/Yeshua the Messiah, brought me (and untold numbers of Gentiles) to the Torah, to faith, to everything.
All the anti-missionaries do is strip people of faith.
On the Cross, Yeshua/Jesus changed the world - He ushered in the new creation which is plainly evident in the transformations of those who believe.
Anti-missionaries don't change anything for the better - they just create useful photocopies of themselves, people who have one goal - not to bring people to God but to drive them away from Yeshua.
Yeshua is preached and proclaimed in the open, anti-missionaries often come disguised as friends in secret - and their converts often hide their conversion for a long time, slowly working their doubts into their unsuspecting friends and family. The same people who shouted Messiah and Torah from the rooftops become stealthy, deceptive, and seductive. In fact, I was just looking over a four-year-old conversation with a former friend as he tried to work me over with classic talking points and underhanded tactics not fitting for anyone who is proud of his beliefs.
They don't go out preaching Torah to people in the church - they don't give a damn about people in the churches - but begin to call Jesus Yeshua, and start keeping more than the Noahide laws? All of a sudden they care, a whole lot. IF they were truly, truly servants of God, as they claim to me, they would behave like Jews and would not be absolutely obsessed with discrediting Yeshua (who they now call Jesus, of course, when they know His Name but are now too intellectually dishonest to speak it). If they were truly interested in discrediting "false messiahs" then we would see them going after the Chabad followers of Rabbi Schneerson, who have been proclaiming him as Messiah, and some, like Rabbi Ariel Sokolovsky, actually refer to him as God. They leave that alone - obviously there is something more going on here.
True Jews leave this stuff alone - what we are dealing with here is people with agendas, fringe Jews, mostly converts from Messianic Judaism who are simply now recruiters desiring to solidify their decisions. Anti-missionaries don't represent Judaism any more than Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church represents Christians. And I will say this for Fred Phelps over the ex-believing anti-missionaries - at least he never tries to hide what he is up to. He is tragically wrong, but at least he has the courage of his convictions to do it all in the open.
Comment
104 David Wilber, Dinah Dye and 102 others
12 Shares
Comments
View previous comments
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
Tyler Dawn Rosenquist Matt 10: 32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, 33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
Like · Reply · 10 · 4 hrs
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2017, 09:15:20 PM »

Sabbath playlist for this week Wisdom In Torah Ministries - Talmidim Teachers
The Dangers of Dualism: Fearing the World Instead of Trusting in God http://theancientbridge.com/…/the-dangers-of-dualism-feari…/
Ryan White​ Torah Portion Noach https://rooted-in-torah.com/noach/
Matthew Vander Els​ live stream 11am EST - Jonah: The Secret You Missed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYqoKXIXqsw
Dinah Dye​ Noach: No Man Left Behind http://foundationsintorah.com/noach-the-man-left-behind-ma…/
and What it Means to be a Priest http://foundationsintorah.com/program-35-what-it-means-to-…/
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2017, 09:36:46 PM »

Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
PLEASE PRAY
Okay, so very few people have known about this over the last four months but it is time to bring you guys in the loop. The hospital is scheduling an MRI for me because I have been having some medical problems that are getting progressively worse. Today was the final straw. I couldn't even drive. I never know from one day to the next how I am going to be, or even in the morning how I will be in the afternoon - or vice versa.
I have been having memory lapses associated with TIA's - which are very common with people who have had strokes, but because they have not been presenting in the way that they used to, I didn't realize what was happening. My close friends are used to hearing about my "bad memory" or "stupid" days when confusion just reigns the day. Until about two months ago, I just thought I was having senior moments, but over the course of the last two months things have been getting progressively worse and some days all I can do is just sit on the couch and stare into space. I am taking essential oils and Omega-3's and I am still getting worse - each week is worse than the last. The boys now drive me around, as of today I don't feel safe driving anymore - even though this weekend I was just fine.
I have strings of days when I am absolutely normal, and then days when I am confused, upset, unfocused and scared. Strangely enough, I can still write about being an image-bearer and forgiveness - it's the strangest thing. In fact, despite confusion I can generally still write but when I can't, I just can't - words just absolutely don't happen. I am having trouble stringing words together out loud sometimes, like today and last friday. TIA's (mini-strokes) really explain all my symptoms and, as I have had them before, the confusion makes sense. Problem with confusion is that when I am confused I can't look back 15 years and say, "Oh yeah, it's a TIA." It's hitting a different area of my brain than when I was in my late 20's and early 30's.
Anyway, hopefully, the new meds will help. They are supposed to open the blood vessels in my brain to keep this from happening anymore. Yesterday I had five cluster headaches and so I started wondering if maybe on my other confused days the TIA's have just been happening at night.
Please understand if I cannot respond and answer questions sometimes. One of the side effects of the new meds is actually confusion, but of course I won't be able to tell.
I would appreciate prayers. I will let you know about the MRI results as soon as I have them. I've known this was coming for about ten years now - been having dreams about this that finally make sense - of God caring for me very lovingly when I am upset because of confusion. Whatever happens, God has given me an incredible life and I have gotten a lot done with my brain. Even if I lose my ability to study and teach, I have written six books and countless blogs and teachings. The Lord gives and the Lord sometimes takes away - blessed be the Name of the Lord. He can manage without me Wink

Masters

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2017, 09:17:24 PM »

Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
November 24 at 8:21am ·
The Peacefulness Project Week #1
Had a dream Monday morning where I was taken to a place where I met with multiple manifestations of the Holy Spirit. I have been really struggling to get a grip ever since because the first change I am being asked to make is not minor, nor will it be easy. I remember the conversations, but I only remember the content of the first one, the one that I needed to remember right now. Well, I guess conversation is too strong of a word - I wasn't the one doing the talking, I was the one listening.
The first manifestation told me that my sense of humor, in certain areas, left a lot to be desired in the way I reflect God's image. And that's a mild way to describe the rebuke I received, one that left me in tears in the dream. Unfortunately, that rebuke didn't refer to the Turkraken post or the one last night about stuffing the turkey with your kids. That would be a lot easier to just stop doing and to keep off my wall.
The problem comes in the areas of my sense of humor where I clandestinely mock while appearing to just be having innocent fun. I wasn't even being honest with myself about what I was doing - we rarely are honest with ourselves, after all. The problem is the snide little comments I make about having said this or that because I am a Jesuit spy or a pagan. You see, if they came out of nowhere, they would be innocent enough - but they don't. They come from years of accusations, by people who are quick to mock, twist, accuse, and undermine in the name of disagreement. Yes, what they are doing is wrong, and they are engaging in the works of the flesh and...that gives me no excuse to retaliate, using those works myself.
Truth is, there is still a lot of enmity (the condition of living in hostility towards people, institutions, or ideas) in me and it is not funny, not when I am supposed to be representing God through manifesting the radical Fruit of the Spirit in this hateful world. The worst possible thing is for me to deliver that enmity through humor - it makes the abominable so much more palatable to everyone, which is why it draws a large audience among the people who use it as a ministry tool. I have to stop mocking people - it is an act of enmity borne out of frustration. When I see people do it, I know that they are misrepresenting Yeshua, but when I do it? Not so much recognition there. Yes, what some people do to me is wrong, but I have a choice to make the situation worse or be radically peaceful. I mean, let's be real, people almost exclusively mock others who won't listen to them, who won't be convinced, who won't bow down before their arguments - they figure everyone else should bow before our opinions, their overwhelming "truth" and "wisdom" - and then they do violence to whatever truth they feel they are peddling by using the sword of Caesar to enforce the witness of a Messiah who reviled no one at His mock trial and execution.
We really want to believe that we have enough wisdom to justify that kind of behavior. We want to see ourselves of Elijah on top of Mt Carmel, dealing with actual, literal, pagan priests living in the Land of Israel, in the face of God - when in fact we are just dealing with fellow Covenant members of differing views. We elevate everything to that level of severity to our benefit and to the detriment of all others. When coupled with how many times we have personally been wrong over the course of our walk with God, the arrogance and cruelty required to look at anyone with those eyes - well, you would think our eyes would be too downcast in humility to dare.
I have no idea what this is going to look like. I am going to struggle, and fail. I am going to get this wrong sometimes. bear with me - don't look at me like a hypocrite unless you see me give up the fight entirely. Please extend grace if I have another stroke or series of TIA's and slip into old behaviors. On a general basis, my wall is almost exclusively a peaceful place - save for that problem. It's a stronghold, yes, and it is not peaceful. I am tired of hiding enmity from myself in the form of humor - God didn't create humor for me to abuse it at the expense of my brothers and sisters, no matter what they have done to me first. By mocking them, I will never win them, or provide an example of love to them - by mocking them, I am simply writing them off and recruiting allies to the bloodfest at their expense. Any hope I had to reach them is lost because the Kingdom runs according to rules that make no sense in this present age.
We have a choice in this world when we are sinned against - to be blameless in the matter, or to become guilty afterward in how we respond. We cannot control how people are going to initiate sin, all we can do is try our hardest not to initiate sin ourselves, and when the victim of it, try our hardest to remain blameless in the aftermath. That, right there, is where most of us, and certainly I, fall very short indeed.
Shabbat Shalom - and let's make that not simply be a meaningless expression. No more excusing ourselves when we behave with enmity and call it peace, whatever that looks like in each peron's life. There are so many ways to joke around and share joy with one another - I just "don't want" (yes, actually, I do want, but that's just tough) to do it at other people's expense anymore - not now that the Spirit has shown me how grieving it is. The mocking can't stop anywhere else in my life until it stops with me. And that's going to be difficult to learn - but at the moment I am on a very short leash, one on which I can feel the slightest jerk when I have stepped out of line. Evidently, this is pretty serious business.
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »

Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
December 28 at 5:54pm ·
People are looking for the meat, the meat of the word - mistakenly thinking that refers to Torah. No! Torah is the milk, the basics, the bare minimum rules for decent outward behavior towards one another, the foundational do's and don'ts - the meat is the circumcision of the heart, the grueling refining process that leads us naturally into keeping the weightier matter of the Law - caring for the least of these and taking God's word to the ends of the earth. No one dies to provide milk, it can be given and given and given - but meat is flesh, and to consume it requires death. It was milk given to the babes in the wilderness.

When I see people giving up Paul, I kinda just shake my head because His writings are the ugliest mirror, and none of us much like our reflection in it. James is another brutal mirror, and John as well. Don't even get me going on the mirror Yeshua/Jesus holds up - His sermons take no prisoners as far as radical character go. To hold a mirror up to the Pharisees, who excelled in external righteousness, and to have them come up as poor images of God - when they were really the BEST on Earth at that point - dang. Yeshua told them that observing the minutiae of the law was all a sham if they were not radically loving, meek, and peaceful people on the inside. And if they were not going out to the nations with the Word in a big way, that they were not the light and salt of the world, and they were not guides for the blind.

If I wanted an easier walk, honestly, I would deny Yeshua and all of the apostolic writings - because, without them, the Law is so much easier to keep. Just do A, B, and C on the outside and, like Paul, you can even be a murderer on the inside and it's just hunky dory. OH, and most importantly, getting rid of Yeshua takes care of that uncomfortable requirement for radically forgiving one another as we were forgiven.

I am thinking that might be the real impetus in denying our Messiah. People prefer to read the Torah because it is so much less challenging - the patriarchs and the kings and even the prophets just do some mind-boggling bone-headed things and we can relate to that - makes us feel relatively good about ourselves to roll our eyes at people who are complaining after eating and drinking the same thing for weeks on end. But Yeshua's words against the leadership - what those people were doing sound a whole lot more like us. It's uncomfortable - if we are reading it with a discerning eye. When Paul talked about envy, hostility, dissensions, and divisions in the same sentences as sexual immorality, idolatry, and murder - who can escape the inevitable conclusion that we are not God's flawless image-bearers? We are not better than the world in this regard. So, I think we stop reading them because they demand radical changes. We focus on historical context, on the language, on what the Talmud has to say, what shape the earth is, how to say this or that name and what calendar to keep - instead of looking at verses that tell us that hating each other, even on the inside, is murder.

Yeah, I see why people drift from Yeshua. Much easier to gaze upon Moses and the Patriarchs and the Kings. At least we can look at them and fool ourselves that we are doing okay. Easier to look at the image-bearers who time and again got things incredibly wrong than to look at the Divine Son of God, who never did - and who commanded us to follow in His footsteps.
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2018, 02:28:08 PM »

When Someone is in Error: Our Example in Priscilla, Aquila, and Apollos

http://theancientbridge.com/2018/02/someone-error-example-priscilla-aquila-apollos/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »

Tyler Dawn Rosenquist
21 hrs · Idaho Falls, ID ·
Heads up: Critical people never see themselves as critical.

That should sober all of us up real quick. We don't want to be like Judas, in denial, saying, "Is it me, Lord?"

We need to look for that character flaw within ourselves that first looks for the flaw in others, and cannot rest until it is pointed out. The flaw that causes us to point out a small disagreement, just so everyone knows that we disagree, instead of allowing a larger message to speak for itself.

I think one of the problems nowadays is that God speaks to us about our flaws by causing us to notice the same flaw in others - and we, blinded to that flaw in ourselves, decide that God showed it to us so that we can point it out, publicly even, instead of noticing the true message He was trying to convey. "See that, that's what you do."

I was once in a car with an incredibly critical person, one who just vented ad nauseum about people in her life. I would respond to her with her own words, not in a parroting way, but in a way that echoed her own sentiments about these people. At one point, she turned to me and said, "You are a very judgmental person, and I know it is God telling me because it just popped into my head out of nowhere." I bit my tongue and smiled a bit to myself in an exasperated way. I never said a thing about these people except what had come out of her own mouth, repeatedly. God wasn't convicting me of being judgemental - He didn't have to, I knew it. God doesn't waste His time giving us messages we already know and have embraced. God was trying to alert her to her judgmental and critical attitude, but before she could stop and think "Hey, why is Tyler so judgmental about my friends? Is it because I never say anything positive, maybe, and that's all she has to work with?" she was already diverting that "correcting word" to me, and only to me. Many years later and there has been no change in her behavior - we need to be open to hearing and perceiving negative things about ourselves.

We have to be on the lookout for those times when God does show us our own behavior through the behavior of others.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: