Waytozion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 08:39:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Registration is disabled due to spammers.  If you would like to join this forum then send a message to dumb-rod@waytozion.org with your desired user name, password and email address.  Include the answer to this question:  Who is the Way, the Truth, and The life?  You have one week to make your first post so only sign up if you're serious about being active.
9459 Posts in 1419 Topics by 16 Members
Latest Member: Pilgrim4Yeshua
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Waytozion Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Scripture Studies
| | |-+  Daniel & Melanie McGirr
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Daniel & Melanie McGirr  (Read 6154 times)
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2017, 09:03:51 AM »

Seen in Facebook Land this Am

Daniel McGirr
18 hrs ·
Over the last almost 10 years now, I have done my best to d defend the HR Movement as the need arose. I no longer will continue to do this.I am not a defense lawyer, but a torah pursuant believer in the Messiah Yeshua. For those who walk in the ways of the King and call themselves Israel, there is no need for labels. However it appears that certain labels will always continue to do what they do.
Instead my focus will be solely on growing the body and those who seek to walk the ways of Ancient Covenant.
You know, the things that matter.
#imaginethat
#shouldntweallbedoingthis
LikeShow more reactionsCommentShare
85 You, Rico Cortes, Daniel McGirr and 82 others
3 shares
20 Comments
Comments
Stan Randall
Stan Randall #hesrightyouknow
Like · Reply · 3 · 18 hrs
Nathan Mancuso
Nathan Mancuso Nice Smiley
Like · Reply · 2 · 18 hrs
Julian Jackson
Julian Jackson I feel your pain bro
Like · Reply · 2 · 18 hrs
Gene Conroy
Gene Conroy Amen... !!! No Labels.
Like · Reply · 2 · 17 hrs
Lauro AndTamar Chavez
Lauro AndTamar Chavez Amein... rightly said
Like · Reply · 1 · 17 hrs
Casey Philson
Casey Philson Aaaaaaaaaaaaamen!
Art Shellabarger Jr.
Art Shellabarger Jr. I often say we have left the church but the church hasn't left us. At least that's how I see many in the HR movement. Sad to say.
Like · Reply · 3 · 17 hrs
Cyndie Simmons
Cyndie Simmons Don't defend it ... IT NEEDS TO GROW UP AND WALK the TALK [Torah]!!! We will be known by our fruit and our love ... that particular movement [which I've never been a part of] LACKS BOTH!!!
Keep doing a good job representing the Father Melanie McGirr and Daniel McGirr 💕
Like · Reply · 4 · 17 hrs
Jesus Fierro
Jesus Fierro Agree
Rico Cortes
Rico Cortes Yes brother I am with you. Too many crazies calling themselves Hebrew roots and they are out in left field bro
Unlike · Reply · 11 · 16 hrs
Susan Hooge
Susan Hooge By our actions are we known. Keep on being a doer Daniel McGirr
Unlike · Reply · 3 · 15 hrs
Jacqueline Swiney
Jacqueline Swiney Daniel McGirr when it comes to labels and titles. this verse always come to my memory (Job 32:21 [Tanakh-1917])
Let me not, I pray you, respect any man’s person; Neither will I give flattering titles unto any man.
22 For I know not to give flattering titles;...See More
Like · Reply · 2 · 15 hrs
Janelle Chulufas
Janelle Chulufas No Labels!
Like · Reply · 3 · 15 hrs
Julie Caster Allen
Julie Caster Allen Amen
Like · Reply · 2 · 13 hrs
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Absolutely perfectly said!!!
Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs
Debbie Austin Brown
Debbie Austin Brown Amen!!
Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs
Ryan White
Ryan White I prefer to focus on those who are Rooted in Torah rather than those who walk in the ways of Ancient Covenants 😉😎
Like · Reply · 8 · 9 hrs
Daniel Kipton Musson
Daniel Kipton Musson I just want everyone to come Back 2 Center.
Like · Reply · 3 · 9 hrs
Terri Neely
Terri Neely Hahahahahaha!!! Lol!!! Ryan!!!
Like · Reply · 3 hrs
Stan Randall
Stan Randall Perhaps we should all become Torah Puppets.
Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs
Daniel McGirr
Daniel McGirr If we could all just be one big Hebraic Family Fellowship.
Like · Reply · 4 · 1 hr
Daniel Kipton Musson
Daniel Kipton Musson Stan Randall, that would really depend upon where everyone's hands were. 😳
Like · Reply · 1 · 1 hr
Arle Masters

Write a reply...

Choose File
Renee Olar
Renee Olar Agreed...completely.
Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs
Arle Masters
Arle Masters I had a customer at my place of employment shaking her fist at me telling me I had to call myself something besides a disciple ...
Like · Reply · 55 mins
Jeff Morton
Jeff Morton The kingdom of Yahweh is made of of believers not religions....and he is calling those who hear his voice out of stupid!...Can we all be okay with this? ( I liked this one )  Shocked
Like · Reply · 15 mins
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2017, 09:49:46 AM »

Daniel McGirr
2 hrs ·
How about some context this morning.
From the Social Science Commentary on the Book of Acts.
Hospitality
Hospitality in the ancient Mediterranean world might be defined as the process by means of which an outsider’s status is changed from stranger to guest. It is quite different from entertaining ingroup members (friends, family, fellow villagers). In hospitality (Greek: xenia) the outsider is “received” and socially transformed from stranger to guest. The process of hospitality is crucial, given the human tendency to treat outsiders as simply nonhuman (the social basis for torture, war, unconcern for distributive justice, racism, genocide, and so on). If strangers are not to be eliminated, either physically or socially (see Matt 10:14–23), they have to be “received,” or shown hospitality. The process has three stages:
1. Evaluating the stranger. This is usually done with some test about whether guest status is possible. Since the stranger is potentially anything, he must be tested as to whether he can subscribe to the rules of the new culture. Officials (Josh 2:2) or concerned citizenry (Gen 19:5) might conduct such tests. On the other hand, invasion from the outside might simply be repelled (see Mark 5:17, where the Gerasenes ask the stranger, Jesus, to leave; or Luke 9:53, where the Samaritans “would not receive him,” perhaps because he would not be a proper guest “because his face was set toward Jerusalem”). An invitation to speak can be a test (Acts 13:14–15), while letters of recommendation can excuse one from a test, although sometimes not (see, for example, 2 and 3 John; Rom 16:3–16; 1 Thess 5:12–13). Frequently the ritual of foot washing marks the movement from stranger to guest (see Gen 18:4; 19:2; 24:32; notably lacking in Luke 7:36–50).
2. The stranger as guest. In the process of hospitality, this is the transitional or liminal phase. A range of amenities may follow, concluding with a meal and an offer of an overnight stay. To fulfill the role of guest, the stranger must at least understand and follow the conventions that relate to hospitality and define the behavior expected of him/her. S/he must know how to play the role of guest—thus the Greek distinction between: xenoi (strangers who know how to behave as Greek guests) and barbaroi (strangers who know nothing at all, not even the language—hence who are totally uncivilized). The appearance of a stranger in a community where he had neither kin nor friends serves as a challenge to the community. A person willing to show hospitality takes in (“receives”) the stranger and serves as patron in whom the stranger is socially embedded. Any male accepting hospitality in the ancient Mediterranean places himself in a non-male (actually quasi-female) situation in the household of the host. The stranger is embedded in the honor of the host, just as females in the household are embedded in the honor of the patriarch. Any attack on the stranger’s honor is an attack on the patron, who must defend his guest (as Lot in Genesis 19). In the Synoptic tradition, when Jesus sends the Twelve he expects his core disciples to be “received” by honorable persons (Mark 6:11 par.). Should no hospitality be offered, they are to perform the symbolic (and insulting) action of “shaking off the dust on your feet” (Luke 9:5; 10:11; Acts 13:51; 18:6; see also 22:23). After all, honor is gained by all in the community through the visit of an honorable person. On the other hand, a shameful community is not worthy of the presence of honorable guests.
3. From guest to transformed stranger. This transition sometimes involves another test. At the end of the process of hospitality, the guest is now known to the host. The guest may depart as a friend, having incurred a debt of gratitude toward the host and his/her ingroup, or as an enemy, in which case the honor of the host requires the attempt at satisfaction. (For more information, see Malina 1986; Arterbury 2005).
Malina, B. J., & Pilch, J. J. (2008). Social-science commentary on the book of Acts (pp. 213–214). Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2017, 09:09:51 AM »

Daniel McGirr
5 mins · Shawnee ·
Are we really wanting context to Scripture?
Many love to use the verses of Mathew 18:15-17 to justify some council judgement upon someone whom they have felt wronged. However I find extremely interesting that we still are pulling out a verse or two without looking at the context of the chapter or more verses surrounding our cherry pickin'.
The beginning of the chapters deals with what, the disciples asking Yeshua which will have more honor in the Kingdom....hmmm.
Should that matter?
There other verse where we see the Sons of Zebedee were seeking to be greater than their own Kingdom brothers to gain Honor?
Yeshua then turns to humility, a quality you cannot fake. A quality that is permanently attached to honor.
Also a tax collector was one of the most shameful positions of the first century. If we are seeking to shame others to be viewed as the most shameful in society, what is our motive?
Matthew 18
1 At that time the taught ones came to יהושע, saying, “Who, then, is greatest in the reign of the heavens?”
2 And יהושע called a little child to Him, set him in their midst,
3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become as little children, you shall by no means enter into the reign of the heavens.
4 “Whoever then humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the reign of the heavens.
5 “And whoever receives one little child like this in My Name receives Me.
6 “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it is better for him that a millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 “Woe to the world because of stumbling-blocks! For it is necessary that stumbling-blocks come, but woe to that man by whom the stumbling-block comes!
8 “And if your hand or foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or crippled, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be thrown into the everlasting fire.
9 “And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out and throw it away from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be thrown into the fire of GĕHinnom.
10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in the heavens their messengers always see the face of My Father who is in the heavens.
11 “For the Son of Aḏam has come to save what was lost.
12 “What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray, would he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains, going to seek the one that is straying?
13 “And if he should find it, truly, I say to you, he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.
14 “Thus it is not the desire of your Father who is in the heavens that one of these little ones should be lost.
15 “And if your brother sins against you, go and convict him, between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother.
16 “But if he does not hear, take with you one or two more, that ’by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word might be established.’
17 “And if he refuses to hear them, say it to the assembly. And if he refuses even to hear the assembly, let him be to you like the nations and a tax collector.
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »

Daniel McGirr
37 mins · Overland Park ·
"Day of Atonement. While the first half of Revelation appears to be modeled on the tamid or daily service of the Hebrew cultic system, Rev 12-22 reflects the annual service of Yom Kippur. We have seen earlier that, starting with Rev 11:1-2, the elements of Yom Kippur are alluded to throughout the second half of the book."
Ranko Stefanovic
So why would this Book be so enveloped with this language?
It is because most agree that this Letter was written or at least given to John in 69 of the common era. The significance of this is that in just a year or less, the Temple would be destroyed in 70 CE.
Temple Service is key.
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2017, 09:19:38 PM »

Daniel McGirr
13 hrs · Overland Park ·
Did you know that one's Honor, Clothing and Wealth were publicly displayed in the ancient world?
The elite and kings were always concerned with making sure they paraded their Honor and wealth in many public arenas.
Wedding feasts and birthday celebration feasts were often used by the elite and kings as a means to claim honor through the diplay oftheir table setting and the manner in which they dined.
Wedding feasts were perfect for a public display of how much wealth one had, festive clothing, coverlets, music, food and.....wine.
So now the Miracle of Changing Water into wine is John Chapter 2 has Context!
Yeshua, His Mother and disciples all are attending the wedding feast when they run out of .....wine. Remember in the opening chapter of John, Yeshua is ascribed 6 specific roles including "The King of Israel" in John1:49.
At the wedding feast, the common arena for Kings and elite to display their honor and wealth is why Miriam says...
Joh 2:3 And when they were short of wine, the mother of יהושע said to Him, “They have no wine.”
We know what happens next....
Joh 2:4 יהושע said to her, “Woman, what is that to Me and to you? My hour has not yet come.”
Joh 2:5 His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever He says to you.”
Joh 2:6 And there were six stone water-jugs standing there, according to the mode of cleansing of the Yehuḏim, each holding two or three measures.
Joh 2:7 יהושע said to them, “Fill the water-jugs with water.” And they filled them up to the brim.
Joh 2:8 And He said to them, “Now draw out and take it to the master of the feast.” So they took it.
Joh 2:9 But when the master of the feast had tasted the water that had become wine, and did not know where it came from – though the servants who had drawn the water knew – the master of the feast called the bridegroom,
Joh 2:10 and said to him, “Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when they have drunk, then that which is poorer. You have kept the good wine until now.”
Joh 2:11 This, the beginning of the signs, יהושע did in Qanah of Galil, and manifested His Honor. And His taught ones believed in Him.
Achieved a greater Honor by means of showing His wealth from the Kingdom on High.
CONTEXT!!!!
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2017, 09:54:48 PM »

Daniel McGirr
30 mins · Shawnee ·
The Bigger Picture of Hanukkah.
You will see this post over and over the next few months.
What if we could look at Hanukkah from a different perspective? One that all of us should recognize and maybe begin to see this celebration in a new light. Pun Intended.
What if I told you that the historical events surrounding Antiochus Epiphanes and his desecration of the Temple was a foreshadowing and a glimpse into the work of the Father and Yeshua?
This maybe a little hard for us to swallow, however if there are still some on the fence about the celebration of Hanukkah(minus any dogmas or traditions that one objects too, sheesh, do we need that disclaimer?),
I believe that by seeing Hanukkah from its larger spectrum of Restoration, none of us can really have a problem with its recognition.
Here it is.
Antiochus invades Israel and defiles the earthly Temple and wreaking havoc and chaos in the earthly realm ...right?
Right.
Judah Maccabee leads a revolt against the forces of evil and chaos then cleanses the Temple of this evil to restore it back to its original holy state and to free Israel...right?
Right.
You and I have committed the same atrocities to the Heavenly Temple by our sin causing chaos and therefore needs cleansing and defeated in some way.
Yeshua is the one that has lead the revolt against this evil and chaos in order to restore the Heavenly Temple and all Creation back to its Original Holy State.
Antiochus is a portrait of the nations..and yes, you and I.
Judah is a portrait of Yeshua.
This is sufficient enough for me to recognize the events and the prophetic portrait of he work of my Messiah.
Please consider sharing the post to get more people informed on the importance of Hanukkah.
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 03:11:18 PM »

Daniel McGirr
6 hrs · Overland Park ·
Why the adversary hates us so badly and it being connected to the Honor of Our King and His Kingdom.
Remember we talked about how the Honor and Wealth of a King is linked to the Lands he owned. The more Land, the more Wealth and the more Honor the King acquired.
Kingdom-Honor- Land.
So Satan has been cast out of the Heavenly Kingdom down to the earthly , both of which still belong to YHWH. You and I have an inheritance of the Kingdom through the redemption of Machiach Yeshua.
The adversary will never have the Land or the Honor that YHWH has acquired so he now comes after the very ones granted the inheritance of the Land , of the Honor and of the Kingdom.
This is the context of 1John Chapters 4-5.
4 You are of Elohim, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Mind Blown.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: