Waytozion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 04:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Registration is disabled due to spammers.  If you would like to join this forum then send a message to dumb-rod@waytozion.org with your desired user name, password and email address.  Include the answer to this question:  Who is the Way, the Truth, and The life?  You have one week to make your first post so only sign up if you're serious about being active.
9668 Posts in 1430 Topics by 18 Members
Latest Member: Allenbee
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Waytozion Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Why Western Designers Are Embracing the Hijab
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Why Western Designers Are Embracing the Hijab  (Read 4972 times)
dumbrod
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »

I keep studying how the catholic church created islam.  That picture of the nun just puts icing on the cake.  Good find   Cool
m_martinez53

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 09:14:19 AM »

VDid I expressly state that a woman needs to dress as a daughter of the great whore? No? I said that covering Your head is spoken of in Scripture within the confines of specific situations, and that I elect to cover my head because often there exist need for prayer, and so I choose to not have to scramble to find something to cover my head so that authority is upon my head, as Shaul instructed.

I do not hold responsibility for what others determine to do or not to do. Your direct question was specifically asked concerning myself, and that was the basis of my response... Not what I thought others should or should not do. Upon that basis, my response would be that IF they are a Qodesh Individual, then Scripture commands Modest Dress; IF they are the walking dead, it is a moot point.
James1:27
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 10:48:37 PM »

Did I expressly state that a woman needs to dress as a daughter of the great whore? No?
….
Your direct question was specifically asked concerning myself, and that was the basis of my response... Not what I thought others should or should not do. Upon that basis, my response would be that IF they are a Qodesh Individual, then Scripture commands Modest Dress; IF they are the walking dead, it is a moot point.

This was the question:

MM, I agree with you that men and women should dress modestly. 
….
Here is my question, correctly worded I hope:

Do you think Hebrew women should wear hijabs and abayas?

Here is your answer:

I do NOT think that IF a Qodesh Woman of YHWH elected for modesty sake to wear a hiyab or abaya that it would be wrong.

From your answers:
You think it is okay for a Hebrew woman to dress like a Muslim but not as a Catholic Nun (great whore). Correct?
m_martinez53

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 02:26:38 AM »

Again, I do NOT prescribe what any individual other than myself needs to wear. My job before The Face of my Father is to Obey His Commands to The Very Best of my ability.

If a Daughter of YHWH elected to cover her head, and not expose her body to the public at large, why would this be an issue? I would not care if she were to wear green, black, purple, blue, or orange.... Well, okay, maybe not orange.

What is the end goal of this questioning? I have responded multiple times. Could You please express succinctly what it is that You are hoping will be said? Perhaps I can accommodate You.
Masters

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 12:19:45 PM »

Hi/Shalom

Bridgette Gabriel has a teaching out how the Hijab is not religious but political  Huh?  Will post when I can locate ...

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 11:19:16 PM »

Hi/Shalom

Bridgette Gabriel has a teaching out how the Hijab is not religious but political  Huh?  Will post when I can locate ...

If you can find that link, please post it.
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 11:23:41 PM »

Again, I do NOT prescribe what any individual other than myself needs to wear. My job before The Face of my Father is to Obey His Commands to The Very Best of my ability.

If a Daughter of YHWH elected to cover her head, and not expose her body to the public at large, why would this be an issue? I would not care if she were to wear green, black, purple, blue, or orange.... Well, okay, maybe not orange.

What is the end goal of this questioning? I have responded multiple times. Could You please express succinctly what it is that You are hoping will be said? Perhaps I can accommodate You.

MM, thank you for partaking in this discussion; I appreciate you voicing your opinion. My goal was to show that I think Islam will be the end time’s NWO religion and that I think that the widespread acceptance and adoption of wearing the hijab and abayas underscores that assumption, as has the acceptance of halal food. In my opinion, in the future, many women will be wearing hijab and abayas. This transformation will be a result of multiple influences: the Islamization of western countries, influence of fashion trends, and a desire for modest dress. I agree with you that women should dress modestly. I disagree that Muslim dress is acceptable for the daughters of Yah because I think Muslim dress is a symbolism of Islam.

Additional links:
Misogyny — the new black!
“How to Make the Hijab Hip”
INFOLINKS_ONINFOLINKS_ON
ByPAMELA GELLER on December 25, 2012

"….. the hijab is as American as blue jeans"
Norming the sharia. More cultural jihad, now using fashion as the conduit to norming sharia.

Hijab, the new black! And who is shoving this agitprop down our throats? The Wall Street Journal. Would you ever see a Geller post or oped in the Journal? You'd sooner see Nihad Awad wearing a Star of David.
http://pamelageller.com/2012/12/misogyny-the-new-blackhow-to-make-the-hijab-hip.html/

This is the article referenced:

How to Make the Hijab Hip

“Fashion can break down barriers and make the unfamiliar familiar,” says Kaiseruddin. “I’m confident that we, as a nation, will move towards a broader definition of what beauty looks like, a broader definition of what American fashion looks like, and a broader definition of what an American looks like.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/12/24/how-to-make-the-hijab-hip/

Masters

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 07:49:43 AM »

Hi/Shalom ~!

Was not Bridgette Gabriel - was a former member of this Forum Boxing Cat Smiley

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/09/15/ban-niqab-burka-in-all-public-places
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 07:51:58 PM »

From the Financial Times:
April 1, 2016
Hijabs and high heels

Internationally, DKNY and Mango produced Ramadan collections to exploit the “Ramadan rush” of Muslim shoppers. While high-street brands including Uniqlo and H&M have teamed up with Muslim designers and models to better serve the hijabi shopper.

Luxury brands are also adapting with the needs of hijabi women in mind, offering items such as scarves or long trenchcoats. Earlier this year Dolce & Gabbana boutiques in the Middle East, Paris and London took delivery of the label’s first collection of hijabs and abayas with the brand’s sultry aesthetics. And Valentino’s broad selection of modest, full-length gowns and apparel has contributed to the Qatari-owned house’s booming revenues (reported last month to have been $1bn in 2015, up 48 per cent from 2014).

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/68716c54-831e-11e5-8e80-1574112844fd.html

How Fashion Brands Are (Finally) Catering More To Muslim Consumers
3/29/2016

You'd think that Muslim women somehow just started focusing on their sartorial choices, considering leading designers and international brands have only very recently recognized the significance of this crucial consumer group. How puzzling, then, that the fashion industry would likely “collapse without their patronage,” as Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell wrote in The Atlantic earlier this year.

That patronage equates to a substantial amount of spending: According to the 2015-2016 State of the Global Islamic Economy Report, Muslim consumers spend an estimated $230 billion on clothing, a figure that's estimated to reach $327 billion by 2019. That’s more than the current clothing markets of the U.K. ($107 billion), Germany ($99 billion) and India ($96 billion) combined.

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/03/107086/muslim-fashion-burkini-marks-and-spencer-hijab-uniqlo

Hijabs hit the high street: British fashion blogger's 'modest' range of scarves, skirts and tunics launches in UNIQLO
15 March 2016

The Japanese retailer Uniqlo is launching a range of hijabs and modest clothing for women in the UK for the first time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3492970/UNIQLO-launches-hijab-modest-fashion-range.html#ixzz44uGKkM9z

An another American idiot:

Baptist Youth Pastor's Wife Says She's Wearing Hijab on Mondays to Show Solidarity With Muslims
March 21, 2016|

http://www.christianpost.com/news/baptist-youth-pastor-wife-wears-hijab-solidarity-muslims-159672/#1MqoTt3Co9tsCuQh.99

Some Air France flight attendants are upset that they have to wear a hijab when flying into Iran:

Air France flight attendants push back on obligation to wear headscarves en route to Iran
Apr 3rd 2016

With the Iran nuclear deal completed, Air France is set to resume flights between the French and Iranian capitals this month. But the restoration of service between Paris and Tehran comes with an uncomfortable caveat for the airline's female flight attendants: the obligation to wear headscarves and loose-fitting clothing upon landing in Iran.

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/03/air-france-flight-attendants-push-back-on-obligation-to-wear-hea/21337482/

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 05:24:03 PM »

The Citadel Mulls Muslim ‘Hijab’ Uniform Exception
15 Apr 2016
The Citadel is reviewing a request from a female Muslim student who has been admitted to the military college that she receive an exception to uniform regulations and be permitted to wear a hijab.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/15/citadel-mulls-muslim-hijab-uniform-exception/
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »

The Citadel Mulls Muslim ‘Hijab’ Uniform Exception
15 Apr 2016
The Citadel is reviewing a request from a female Muslim student who has been admitted to the military college that she receive an exception to uniform regulations and be permitted to wear a hijab.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/15/citadel-mulls-muslim-hijab-uniform-exception/

‘I knew it would be an uproar,’ says student caught in The Citadel hijab dispute
May 30

Sana Hamze knew it would be controversial when she asked The Citadel, the historic military college in South Carolina, for an exception to the uniform rule: She wanted to wear a hijab because of her faith.

“I knew it would be an uproar, just because of how Muslims are portrayed in the media now,” she said. But she was surprised how soon word leaked out that an accepted student had requested a religious accommodation and how intense the reaction was.

After The Citadel announced that it would not grant her request, she told the commandant that she did not think it was fair that she had to choose between her religion and her education there, she said.

Then she asked Norwich University, a private military college in Vermont, whether she could cover her head with the hijab and cover her arms and legs during physical training with the Corps of Cadets.

University officials quickly agreed.
Her father, Nezar Hamze, said they are still considering legal options against The Citadel, working with a lawyer at the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which advocates on behalf of Muslims.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/05/30/i-knew-it-would-be-an-uproar-says-student-caught-in-hijab-dispute/

Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 12:05:41 AM »

Iran’s Feminists Take Center Stage in Nationwide Protests as U.S. Feminists Remain Silent
4 Jan 2018
Iranian women have been a driving force and central focus of the deadly, week-long protests sweeping cities across the Islamic Republic of Iran in opposition to the regime.
They have marched through the streets of Iran calling for greater freedom and the ability to chose for themselves how to live their lives, down to the most basic right to choose how they dress.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2018/01/04/iran-feminists-center-stage-nationwide-protests/

Caution adult language:
This is What a Real Feminist Looks Like
Paul Joseph Watson
Published on Jan 4, 2018
The left spent the last year normalizing the hijab. When actual women's rights activists in Iran discarded it to fight oppression, western feminists abandoned them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qFqwmpCqIg

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: